Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Travails of Garavornette...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Purrfect Mess, Sgt., P.P.D. Special Investigaions Division, knew the importance of the paperwork she was filling out.  It was just that in her current mood she'd rather be doing just about anything else.  Ivan, her pet Flytrap tried to cuddle up to her, either for her body heat or sensitive to her mood, but it was more of a distraction than a comfort at the moment, so she shoo'd him back under the sunlamp of her cubicle and tried, again, to finish the current report on her desk when *YET ANOTHER* interuption shattered her concentration.

"GYAAaAAAaaaAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"  That would be her rookie noticing the present that had been left outside the precint house this morning.  Mess pushed and leaned back in her office chair so she could glare at the younger officer past the edge of the cubicle divider.
Jeannette "GaravorNette", was starring in horror; Mess had to supress a chuckle at the sight of a 7 foot tall green skinned 'Nette freaking out at the sight of a shrub.  To be fair, though, it wasn't exactly an ORDINARY shrub, but it wasn't exactly like it was about to spring to life the way Devouring Earth Blackroses did either.  G'nette, catching the movement from the corner of her eyes, turned to Mess and stammered "PLEASE tell me thats one of yours, Sarge!?"
"Sorry Rookie, but I don't do Topiary, and even if I did I wouldn't dip it in chocolate.  Oh, and it had a card with it..."  Darn but it was hard not to break out in laughter at the expression on G'nette's face as she unfolded the metal sign and read it.
"Grendal luv G'nette" sighed the object of his affection.  "Great.  I bust the guy who deposed him and now the resurgent leader of the Trolls thinks I'm the smashiest thing since 'Dyne.  AND he feels compelled to give me this, probobly because its so close to Valentines."  The this in that last statement clearly referred to the object that had triggered the whole interuption in the first place.
It was a topiary shrub, shaped like a teddy bear, then dipped in chocolate.  It was, in a very troll like way, almost logical.  Gurlz luv flowerz.  Shrub = flowerz.  Flowerz look like teddy bear!  Perfect!  Don't gurlz like chocolate too?  So, dip flowers in chocolate!  Grendal Smartezt troll evar!!!  Hur hur hur!!!!
"Fortunately for you, you can't keep it.  It'd look to much like a bribe," Mess assured.  "So, take it down to Trace, maybe they can find something to link him to something we can bust him for.  They'll stick it in evidence and eventually we can just burn it with other siezed organic materials."
G'nette nodded, accepting both the suggestion and the evidence gloves that Mess handed her.  G'nette gingerly picked up the pot of evidence, then damn near dropped it as PSI's Chief Medical Officer and Coroner Transfusionette came around the corner.  The CMO looked at the shrub, then up at G'nette, then back to the shrub before engaging in a very Spock-like eyebrow lift.  
"I need to see you once your... done with whatever it is your.... doing with that."
"Sure, T'nette!!!  Geez, is it that time of the month again already??"
"Mm Hmm," agreed the CMO, and Mess could see her working down the same logic tree first Mess and then G'nette had before shaking her head and heading back the way she had came.
"Kay, I'll be there in a minute!" G'nette assured the retreating figure before heading off herself.  Mess savored the sudden quiet, before gently pushing Ivan, who had started to try and cuddle up to her again, away and rolling her desk chair back to her paperwork.
(another part to follow eventually.  Really, its G'nette's story even though the first scene came from Mess' pov cause it just worked better that way.)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children