Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Riot Force Reports: Purrfect Meddler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: "Silicon Sabre"
Subject: Every time I go to Praetoria, there’s a surprise in store...

First things first. That War Walker factory you’d found reports about was right where you thought it was. From what I could tell, the IDF was taking advantage of the focus that both Primal Earth and the Resistence have on the City to increase production at factories in other areas of the planet they control. They had at least fifty Goalith-class units under construction before their main reactor suffered a bad case of indigestion. Nene’s new sabotage software worked perfectly at that, btw.

The really surprising thing was when I did some recon around the area before going in to blow the base up. It turns out there was already someone from Paragon in the area, a heroine in fact. From what she’s explained to me, it looks like your train misadventure wasn’t the only case of heroes ending up stuck in Praetoria, although you at least ended up on a continent that meant you made it back before Priss went completely loopy.

Her name’s Stephanie Silvear, daughter of Crystal and Arthur Brown. You might remember Arthur as the rather second rate supervillain the Sphinxmaster. Maybe. He was last arrested before the Sabres began, and he’s been stuck in the Zig ever since. The idiot had this need to send the PPD ‘clues’ about the crimes he was planning, really obvious clues at that, which usually meant that there were heroes waiting for him. The last time he tried to pull a heist, it was Stephanie waiting for him in a homemade costume, calling herself the Meddler. Apparently she was well and truly sick of putting up with his nonsense, so she made sure he’d be going back to the Zig for a long time.

After that, she had the taste for the costumed life, and she wasn’t planning on giving it up, even if FBSA regulations at the time sort of wanted her to, given her status as the daughter of a super-villain. Instead, she pretty much operated as an unregistered vigilante in Kings Row, Skyway and so on. Places where she could do some good, but disappear easily enough when someone started to figure out she wasn’t licensed. Although she DID slip up and mention Manticore at one point. I’m going to need to check our files, but I get the feeling Justin’s been working outside the system again.

Back when Marchand and the Resistance were first sending Powers Division agents to Paragon, Steph discovered one of the hidden portal generators, and that the IDF was planning to use it as a staging ground for an attack on Talos. Being a very proactive sort, and the sort of girl that only occasionally remembers to look while she’s leaping, she decided to do something about it. And given the eventual attack on Talos Island came by sea, she clearly pulled it off. In the process however, she ended up on the wrong side of the portal and having to put as much distance between her and the irritated Imperials as possible. We’ve all been there at one time or another, but we’ve usually got some way to get back home (And who says Silos isn’t useful?).

So, stuck in the wrong reality, no way to call for help. She kept her head down until the Imperials stopped looking for her, hoping to get back into the base and try to find a way to call home. Instead, she found one of the interesting little stories about Praetorian Earth. There’s still life out there that isn’t a mutated killing machine. Small villages, existing in regions where the Hamidon’s at least been driven back somewhat. All rather limited in terms of technology and resources, they’re mostly forced to exist on the goodwill of the Imperials or trade with valuable items they recover from the abandoned cities. Stephanie earned a place among them as both a protector and as one of the region's most talented scavengers, after preventing the IDF from identifying her by ‘accidentally’ activating the dormant were-jaguar heritage she inherited from her mothers bloodline. (The Silvears are one of the last major Iceron lines still active on this Earth, from what I remember, although the only thing Stephs mother ever seems to have done with the abilities is test the limits of her resistance to drugs and alcohol).

She’s... interesting, in all senses of the word. Strong moral compass, especially for someone that grew up with a father like hers. Quick thinking, tends to improvise more than make solid plans, although she seems to be learning a few things there. Her mouth is even quicker then her brain. I think that Sammy and Spacey might have some new competition. Taught to fight by a world-class warrior I’ve heard rumors about, and she has the devils own luck to back up her skills and regenerative powers. Getting her back to Paragon has some potential, although I’m going to need to make a few calls. Working out a way to evacuate these civilians is one big problem, the other is getting her registered properly. Do you still have Barbara Duncans number over at the FBSA? The last thing we need is for someone like Keith Nance to be assigned as her case officer.

… On second thought, maybe that’d be a good thing. It’d be ten minutes tops before she jumped the desk and beat the crap out of him. We could sell tickets.

One of these days, I’m going to go to Praetoria and just beat things up, then come home. No surprises, no complications. Sure, it wouldn’t be as interesting, but it’d make a nice change.

- Purrfect Shield
"Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?"

dark seraph

Very nice, the Email addresses are a nice touch Smile