Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Redside Night o' Mayhem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, wasn't that fun?  I'm still half-asleep (no coffee yet), but I don't think I'd've missed it for the world.

For those who weren't there:  Just for giggles at around 9 Eastern last night, I decided to make an Arachnos Warrior toon -- just to see what the archetype was like, as I hadn't played one (nor a Widow) yet despite being eligible to for literally years.  I ran the first couple missions, and was about to do the finale of the first real arc I was in (Fire Wire), when suddenly everyone on the Legendary channel at the time goes, "Redside action?  Let's get in on this!  No one ever plays redside."

And the next thing I know, I'm leading a merry band of psychopaths in a romp across the lower three Rogue Isles, including a Death From Below trial, a frame-up job of a bank robbery, and getting in on Dr. Graves' illicit little tournament, in which I meet the redside equivalent of Twinshot and her merry band.  And may I say it appears that Dollface is just as hated as Flambeaux?  We must get the two of them together some time.

All in all, we ended up running for some three or four hours, into the wee hours of the morning; I know I barely got to bed at 1:30 AM...

Anyway, people, I had a great time.  We've got to do that again soon.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
It was. And somehow, I managed to level up three times on missions that I outleveled by 150%. Hooray for exemplaring, or whatever Redside calls it.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

CrimsonKMR

[Image: 20857236.jpg]
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

dark seraph

I was a hilarious night, and I have to say, after nearly a year of mainly soloing red side, it is 100 times more fun with a team.

And we also got to see different levels of evil with in the team Tongue

Agreed! It was really fun!

Even though my melee toons almost always follow the wisdom of Shayera from JLU (Less talking, more hitting!) -  it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the hell out of the hilariously evil commentary from the other players. ^_^

Though after the fact, I had this thought/image: 

Friendly Neighborhood: "Say Grid..."

Grid Warrior: "Sorry, but I'm a little busy right now, can I get back to you?"  *continues stuffing Dollface's head down a toilet as her arms flail*

FN: "Ah I see. Carry on, then."

^_^
I am personally very glad that Dollface and Flambeaux are in two separate countries, for if they were to ever meet, the result could well be a critical mass of annoying bimbo.
-- Bob
---------

dark seraph

Wait.... you have never done the full "Dr Graves game's" arc, have you Bob? Tongue

Nope. All my redside toons, until now have been above level 20 for a long, long time, and that's a relatively recent addition to the game.
-- Bob
---------

dark seraph

wait till you hit the fun part. Smile

Er... What Bob said goes for me too. ^_^

No spoilers, but - Grid is level 20 now. When does this next arc take place and what contact? (Graves again?)

dark seraph

Yep, his arc is divided in to 3 stages.

first is unlocked at level 5, second at level 10 and the last arc at level 15. The whole thing capping at 20.

Yes, and it's under the 15-19 bracket in ouro (Just did it today myself).
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI