Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: TPN "Fair and Balanced" Badge Attempt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after the trial-palooza, one of the things that obviously annoyed some of us in regards to the TPN campus Trial was the Pacification debuff that the 4 Seer Telepaths outside the buildings apply. 
I mean. SERIOUSLY annoying. 
However - 
It's not as if this is a complete "fuck you" by the Devs. There's not only a method to deal with them, there's even an accomplishment badge to go with it! 
Quote:Badge: "Fair & Balanced"
"Do not allow a single Telepathist to convert 4 or more citizens for the duration of TPN Campus, and then finish the trial to earn this badge."

Thing is - aside from the repetitive nature of TPN (about 3-4 too many repeats of the same action with the terminals IMO) I think this would be a fun and even quick Incarnate Trial - if not for the bloody Pacification Debuff! And I for one am curious to see how it would run without that handicap. (And there's that badge for the completionists of course.)

So - my proposal:   A TPN run where we designate 2-4 members of the team as a debuff ... er... debuff team. With extreme prejudice even. Call them the AT Team. (Anti-Telepath)
Note: SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE melee or long-range SINGLE TARGET Blaster fire needed for this! NO AOE attacks whatsoever! The telepaths are among the civvies and you hurt them and our ratings go DOWN big time. 
Plus if possible one Buffer on the team that can lay a defense/resistance buff on the anti-telepath team to mitigate any existing Pacification debuff. Preferably one that can provide some long range single target damage themselves. 
Stalkers would be IDEAL for this as well.
Further note: The civvies actually won't be a problem or dangerous (i.e.: they won't attack) if we keep the telepaths suppressed. (that's what the badge is all about)
Okay - those are my thoughts on the AT team. Any more thought on composition/numbers/tactics? Anything I'm missing? 
Date/Time:   Soon(ish).  I'm posting this to see if there's interest first. Then we'll figure out times/schedules. 
So post and let me know what you think of this idea.
I'm up for it. Eva always wants badges.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Darn skippy I'd be interested Logan. I'd bring my blapper self for that... only two aoes (Energy Torrent and Ion Lore) that I can remove from my powers tray just to be safe

(yes, that means I'd be volunteering to join in the Telepath hunt team!)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
I'd be up for it as well. HE-AT's almost exclusively single target.
Okay. So I assume we've got enough interest to make this work, then?
So - this weekend is Memorial Day in the states. Not a good time for making plans for games online. (grin)
I -would- say that planning for a single week out from Memorial Day would be good. Say on a Saturday or Sunday.
BUT -
Project A-Kon is the weekend following this weekend and I figure there may be a few of you attending. So let's not make plans against THAT. Tongue
Do you want to do this during the week sometime? It is a single trial after all, not the whole trial-palooza she-bang. It would fit in an evening's play easily enough. Maybe sometime next week before A-Kon? Or perhaps the day after?
The weekend after Memorial Day is also problematic for me because we already have three mutually conflicting demands for our time that weekend.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
This weekend is bad, family time. Anytime after tuesday is good though
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children