Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Pre read needed....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, given certain facts (a, that out of everything we are trying, massive public exposure and letter writing are the most effective, and b I have no media resorces for massive public exposure)  I feel I must, MUST write.  But, since I also feel I must make this last attempt as effective as possible, I'm looking for a beta pre read on it:
September 6, 2012
NC Soft West
Century Square
1501 4th Avenue, Suite 2050
Seattle, WA 98101
Attn:  Cheif Executive, Head of Public Relations

NC Soft
 158-16 NCsoft R&D Center B/D
 Samsung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
 South Korea (ZIP 135-090)
ATTN:  Chief Exectutive, Head of Public Relations

To whom it may concern:
I am writing to express my displeasure with the announcement of the decision to shut down the "City of Heroes" MMO game owned by your company.  I, in fact, beg you to
reconsider this decision.  Failing that, please consider selling the IP rights or giving them back to the community. This would allow both parties to continue to focus, as it
says in your press release "on our core businesses".
I also do not understand why this decision was made, nor why it was decided to announce it to the City of Heroes player base in the way it was.  To we players, on Thursday
everyone was happy and looking foreword to new content being released, then mid day Friday we are told that everyone is being laid off, no more work is to be done on the game;
nor even when you would be turning the servers off.  The suddenness of it has left us badly hurt and very confused; and I for one was wondering if you would please explain the
rationalizations behind this decision.
I do understand that you, as both a publicly held company and as an executive of the same, have certain responsibilities to the shareholders.  I just do not understand how
shutting our game down fulfills that responsibility; would you please explain it to me?
Out of all the types of Massively Multi player games out there, only the superhero genre has had any real appeal to me.  I enjoyed the game so much I had no problem with a
monthly subscription, and in fact had just purchased in game currency (and had used more than a bit of it) mere hours before the announcement was made.  I understand if you,
as a company think that a super heroic MMO is no longer a part of your core business model.  Sadly, I have no interest in the other MMO style games that apparently are part of
your core business.
In summation, I would urge you to reconsider this decision.  You, as an executive and a corporation have the right to decide where you spend your monies.  I hope that you
would continue to spend them on City of Heroes, though if you do not I understand as well.  Do understand that City of Heroes is the only product of yours that I like well
enough to spend money on.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
The attn: line has Chief misspelled.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Also it may simply be a function of your copying this to html in the forums, but the word/line wrap is doing some strange things. However, if it prints out okay, it's not an issue.
Otherwise looks good to me.