Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Matrix Room (screenshots)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a "special room" that I know how to get to. And I can show you how to get there yourself. (Or I can port you there via ATT.)
Some of you may have heard it referred to as "The Blue Room" or "The Matrix Room" or "The Tron I/O Port".
For purposes of story explanation of exits of characters from the Paragon-verse to other alternate worlds, this place can serve as a really neat backdrop/explanation for any number of ideas.
It could literally be that Paragon City has always been a virtual world and your character is exiting to the real world. (A bit meta, but hey, it worked for Tron: Legacy)
Or it's the gateway to another shard. A doorway through space and time.
Or it's a transporter field whisking the character(s) away from Paragon Earth.

[Image: screenshot_120918-23-51-13_zpsc6ee8553.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_120918-23-50-54_zps5c056584.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_120918-23-50-57_zps732882c6.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_120918-23-50-58_zps709e11d0.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_120918-23-50-59_zps07fb9f51.jpg]

I've taken a couple of Legendary Folk here (I only was shown the way to get there a few days after Black Friday) and one discussion was - no matter what the explanation for this place is - it would be awesome if Evangalia, Terrance Knight, Cyberman 8, and a few others were fighting a delaying action against the "Langoliers" (Insert whatever force is destroying this universe - doesn't have to be that). It finally comes down to those three, then Eva gets wounded and C8 tosses her through, activates every last overdrive reserves he has left in him and joins Terrance fighting side by side as the last few survivors who can make it through do so. As last stands go, it's glorious, rivaling or surpassing the "Burly Brawl" from The Matrix Reloaded. An unstoppable force and an immovable object working together! C8's reserves finally drain away and he's left nearly powerless, Terrance hurls him into the beam, checks for any other survivors as he stands toe to toe with the horde, then finally steps in himself, never having fallen.
Don't know if anyone wants to follow that or another option. But I wanted to relate it because it's cool. Big Grin
Yeah, while I was gardening today I had a scene in my head for just before that point...

The CoX me turns to Dark Seraph and tells him to get going.

"No. We have to stay and help! they need us here too"

"Dammit DS! your family is already on the other side. they need you, maybe even more than we do now. Me, this is all I ever had. If anyone is not making it out it should be me, not you. NOW GET GOING BEFORE I HAVE TERR PUNCH YOU AND THROW YOU THROUGH!"
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
...Where *is* that place? Its on Live?
Yes. It's on live. It's been there since Issue #4. When they introduced the Arena.
It was originally going to be a waiting room you are teleported to after you queue up at the terminals, but before you are sent to the PVP map. But they ditched that idea.
But the room was still there. It's underneath every Arena deep below the map.
In PI there's a map bug that allows you to get under the map (need flight or a jetpack or you'll fall all the way down with no way back up). You then fly over towards the Arena location on the minimap until you see this giant blue box. Fly down and back up underneath it until your character's toon is clipping their head and shoulders into the box from below, then use "/stuck" and you'll pop into this room.
There's nothing there but the pretty light show. But even just that is pretty cool, eh?
I think it's deep under Peregrine Island.  From what I understand, it was originally supposed to be a part of the Arena system, used as some sort of waiting room.  Plans changed and it wasn't actually used.  I'm not sure how to get there personally, though I think you can use one of the half-buried doors on that island with all the Rikti Monkies on it.  Stand next to the buried door, log-out, log-in, and you'll be under the map.   From there, it's a matter of flying around under PI until you find it.
Edit: scooped by Logan!
I certainly would like at least screenshots of Evangelia in there... I just have to make time to get online for it. (This week has been very busy, and I don't see it letting up until after the weekend.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.