Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: For my birthday I found the most awesomest power for Terr in CO.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  So while passing time today I was doing a retcon on Champions Online to mess around with other powers to see what else can catch my fancy and I found a power that while is not min/max in any way shape or form that I just -had- to have given how some of you have joked about Terr using his rage to punch people through time and space (The infamous client crash OpMegs had while Terr was dueling Net and him crashing just as I had connected with KO blow).. Its a top level power called Planar Fracture and I'll be damned as if it doesn't look like your literally tearing a hole through reality and realized I simply must have the power in the place of some other more optimal power.
 Its a respectable AOE damage over time effect that applies random debuffs on the enemies it hits lol. In my case 2 because I took the advantage to apply a second debuff per target.
 Yes I am amused that Terr's rage is now tearing the very fabric of reality asunder.
Hehe. That's pretty awesome. 

You know - it occurs to me that one of Terr's little things to say - or a good general description for him - is what the good doctor says here right before "Going Green". 

http://youtu.be/FwPiObbXuZk

"That's my secret... I'm always angry."
Actually, I can think of a few ways you can merge Planar Fracture in with a freeform melee build, but the end result would be increasingly out-of-character for Terrence the further you go down that rabbit hole.

Planar Fracture does dimensional damage. This means you got to start looking at stuff which also does dimensional damage, and ways to buff the effects of dimensional damage (which belongs to the larger paranormal damage category).

Burning Chi Fist with advantage will place a glow effect on your hands, and add dimensional damage to subsequent melee attacks.

Ego Blade Breach does a stacking (up to three stacks) paranormal damage resistance debuff on enemy targets, though generating a spiritual sword might or might not be in-character. Ebon Ruin with advantage does the same, though, and could be played off as a hadouken or something. Ego Blade Breach and Ebon Ruin's debuffs will stack with each other, but it may be impractical to cram both into a character, particularly as they are end piggies - even if just tapping them for the debuffs. Having said that, once stacks are established, you only need to use the relevant power once to refresh the entire stack duration.

You would need all of the above (probably just one of Ego Blade Breach or Ebon Ruin) to make it worthwhile. The last trick would be taking a passive that boosts paranormal damage, such as Seraphim, but I doubt you'd want to consider that route.
-- Acyl
Thanks for the advice Acyl but I don't need all my powers to be minmax *grin* I have more than enough to get by with freeform options I just took it because the power amuses me to no end and I do get a kick out of watching it apply random debuffs to goons caught in it. That being said I'm still in the process of deciding what powers I want to settle on with Terr as I've been doing multiple retcons to get a feel for different abilities. Energy blades are not out of character for what he can do as he can form them with Ki easy enough (Scion had the large elemental fire blade which was a blade made of Ki), in fact right now I have him using the Laser Sword combo power in Co and wow that thing is an energy hog with the advantage you can pick for it.

I'm not too worried about my energy pool as one of my secondary stats is Endurance and I use force sheild w/ force sheath advantage to get energy off of enemy attacks as long as I remember to block to refresh the sheath. Admittedly I am considering trying out intelligence as a secondary Super stat instead of endurance given what it does (Power Recharge/Cost reduction).