Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: And so it ends...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in a whimper.

Virtue crashed for the last time with Shadow Cyclops on the steps of City Hall in Atlas Park 7, BU-33CTP was in a store in Talos. So I ended up with my lowbie Mastermind Mr L on Justice and got booted in mid ghoul fight in Praetoria.
I was on my main, Cyberman 8. 
Virtue was nearly dead on it's feet from the load as it was. I popped into our Supergroup base one last time right before the end. Then tried to pop back into the Atlas Park I came from... only to have it crash on me. 
I thought quickly, popped onto Champion Server, there was copy of Cyberman 8 there. 
In Galaxy. 
The original Galaxy.
Not... precisely what I had in mind... But the Global Channels still worked right up to the end, and I was able to trade goodbyes and virtual hugs with my friends. 
No one was there in Galaxy... and I was standing in front of Freedom Corp and it hit me... 
I saw the old plinth where Back Alley Brawler used to stand. and I MOVED quickly, I knew I only had seconds... 
I'm crying as I type this... 
This... works. 

[Image: screenshot_121201-02-03-17.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_121201-02-03-23.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_121201-02-03-59.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_121201-02-04-09.jpg]

[Image: screenshot_121201-02-04-15.jpg]

That final screenshot. The image on the screen hung there for like 4-5 minutes after the sound cut off...
I can't believe I was doing this... But I think I was muttering... "No... please... come back... please come back..."

[Image: Final_logout.jpg]

I knew this would happen. I knew holding back the emotion until the end would be bad. I'm devastated. But I had to... 4 days after the announcement of Black Friday, I buckled down, shoved it aside and made goals to achieve. 
And got damn near all of it done. I think I got something like 250-300 additional badges just for C8 alone, not to mention my other mains.
I said I'd leave with as few regrets as possible. I achieved that. I went from experiencing something like 65% of the content to something closer to 90% or better. 
But... 
Now there's nothing to hold it back anymore...
GOD... DAMN.. It... 
I'm broken... just fucking broken...
That last image... *sob*

Baseload

I nearly missed the very end as I got mapserved one last time and thought I would miss it.

Fortunately, I was able to get in at the last second with Baseload, get to the stairs in front of City Hall, and hold a torch high just moments before the end.

Fitting. but I could not grab a screen in time Sad
[Image: 2b226cd1b497d0b8710d4cb90969ff4ad9e7e50e.jpg]
That's the last screenshot I managed to get. The real last one I tried to get was Mr. L, his 'bots - Fred, Barney, 'iforgot*' & Gordon- a bunch of PPD in a Ghoul fight with Mr. L force blasting a Ghoul Hunter.

Then......
Logan Darklighter Wrote:[Image: Final_logout.jpg]

*not real name but I'm having trouble recalling it.
I feel so lousy that I conked out hours before the shutdown. I really wanted to be there at the end, but I could barely keep my eyes open after the ITF.

Sorry for crapping out on you, guys.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob, it's okay, man. Really. 
I did as much as I could too. Sadly, I decided to start drinking, and alcohol being a depressant... well, I made it as far as I could before I just got tired and depressed.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."