Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Couple of Last Notes about City of Heroes on your computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whatever you do, don't delete or uninstall your City of Heroes game or folder from your Hard Drive. 

But if you DO want to Uninstall the NCSoft Launcher - VERY Important to know this - 

If you uninstall the NC Launcher, rename your City folder first. The Launcher attempts to uninstall any NC games it finds during uninstall.

I say to you - don't uninstall the game because there's a possibility of an emulator/private server starting up somewhere. I'll keep my ears open for such a thing and let you know if/when it happens. 

And yes - there's a way to start City of Heroes without the NCSoft Launcher. I forget right at this moment how that's done, but I remember seeing the notes on how it's done at the Titan forums.

But if it becomes possible to run the game from a private server, I'm sure the info will be provided at that time. 
It's not like the launcher takes up that much space *anyway*. If you have room for a 4+ gig game, you have room for an 8 meg bit of fluff.

-Morgan.
I'm hopeful for that too. Even single player would be nice, if only to revisit the City and use the costume creator. Without a group of friends to game with, the TF's and iTF's will be almost impossible.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Too late. But I have the install disks for the original games still.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."