Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: OMG!!! Titan got the COSTUME CREATOR WORKING!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was thinking... costume creator might be possible...

YEEEEEEESSS!!! 

And here's the direct download! 

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Stick it in your COH program directory and run it from there. It boots the client directly into the character creator! 

There are a few "bugs" still. It doesn't load veteran costume pieces like the samurai set or trenchcoats, or sadly - angel wings. Ironically, that pretty much leaves ALL my mains out in the cold. But you can at least VIEW them from the "Saved Costumes" load screen!

This is a FANTASTIC step forward!
Quote:Instructions For the Mac Edition:
0.  Most important:  MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CITY OF HEROES FOLDER.  Since we'll be modifying it irrecoverably, it's best to work with a copy.
1.  Download icon.exe from Codewalker's link.
2.  Toss the NCSoft Launcher in the trash.  Not really necessary, but it's fun.  Laugh while the trash empties.
3.  Use the finder's Go To Folder command and select ~/Library/Preferences.
4.  Delete com.ncsoft.* (anything beginning with that) and City of Heroes preferences.
5.  Right click on the City of Heroes application and select Show Package Contents.
6.  Go to Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > coh  ....  or that last part might be Program Files > City of Heroes.
7.  Drag the icon.exe into the path above.
8.  Back up to Contents and select MacOS.  Click slowly twice in the name "cider" to rename it.  Change the name to "cider_die".
9.  Click slowly on the name "cider_noui" to rename it.  Change that name to just "cider".
10.  Backup to Contents again.
11.  Open the Info.plist file in TextEdit.
11.  Look for the option in there called CiderGameOptions and change this:
        CiderGameOptions
        -- cityofheroes.exe (null) -project CoH -launcher -setregion NA -setlocale 1033 -auth 64.25.36.88
So it looks like this:
   CiderGameOptions
   -- icon.exe
12.  Close everything up and launch the City of Heroes application.  It will go directly into the costume creator!
13.  (OPTIONAL) Change the name of the City of Heroes application to something like "CoH Costume Creator" to differentiate it.

Note 1:  If you made it this far, congratulate yourself.  You are now a Mac hacker!
Note 2:  I'm entertaining the possibility of making a package with an Applescript, but only if it's *really* necessary.  This is one of those things that's easier for humans to do than a script, so it would take a lot of extra work.
Note 3:  Sorry for the delay getting this out, I wanted to perform the process twice and make sure it was always possible, and that I didn't do anything else along the way that I forgot about.
Leandro posts further:  

Quote:FOR THE IMPATIENT ONES - HOW TO UNLOCK EVERYTHING IN THE ISSUE 24 CLIENT
* Download Cheat Engine
* Run the City of Heroes' beta client. This only works with the beta client because the memory address is different on the live one.
* Run Cheat Engine. Click the little computer in the top left (it'll be glowing different colors, can't miss it) and select cityofheroes.exe from the list.
* Click the "Add Address Manually" button, to the lower right of Cheat Engine.
* Enter the address: 0167C800
* Description doesn't matter, the default type (4 Bytes) will work fine. It should say =0 to the right of the address box. Click OK.
* Now you're back in the Cheat Engine main window, and the address appeared in the bottom list. Double click the "0" under the "Value" column. That will open a box called "Change Value".
* Set the value to 1 and click OK. You now have access to EVERYTHING. Including NPC costume pieces.
Alternative, easier way:
* Wait for Codewalker to release an update, you impatient bunch.
[/b]
Go further in the thread and discover DEMOlition -- a web-based tool that will generate a demorecord of any toon for which you have either a City of Heroes .costume file or a Titan Network Sentinel+ XML file. I just tried it on Evangelia and it works beautifully.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yup! Works great! 

And my sincere apologies - I saw that yesterday and didn't post about it!
Codewalker posted an update - 

Quote:UPDATE!
http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe
This build now unlocks all store-bought and paragon rewards costume parts, which covers about 95% of the items in the game. That includes ones that weren't "released" yet, like the Black Knight set (though you'll need the beta client for those).
Granting the old-style unlockables proved to be a bad idea as it also unlocks ALL customizable weapons regardless of powerset, which makes the list quite hard to navigate. So unfortunately the things like Rularuu weapons and the pumpkin head can't be accessed normally right now.
However, if you really need to use them, this version also includes a somewhat secret "-n" flag that you can give it, which will activate the game's super-secret NPC edit mode, giving you access to everything, including NPC/dev-only parts. You can make some truly hideous characters with those, enjoy!
ERMAHGAWD...

[Image: 2vuzt4k.png]
Okay, the ability to make costumes is cool. I can do so much with that costume creator. Smile And even if the game isn't responding at the moment (I still hold out hope for emulators or IP purchases someday,) I can make a bazillion Marvel characters with the character modeler.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.