Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Having done the Lemurian Invasion on the Test Server -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Whatever people on the official forums may have been complaining about before (and they're NOT, now, which is pretty amazing) - I just got to run this on the PTS and it is... 

SUITABLY EPIC!!

Just want to say - You're going to WANT to play this more than once or twice. But the first time will be memorable. 

Fair warning, there are parts of the end fight where if you don't have a vehicle or fast flight (rank 2 or better) you'll be better off just staying on the ground knocking out secondary mobs. I used Robot Ronin, and between Rocket Jump and Rank 2 Boot Jets I was able to contribute nicely to both the ground and air battles without switching to a vehicle myself. I even managed a couple of multi-missile "Itano Circus" kills on a couple of fighters! BOO-YAH! And I managed to hang in there and tank the main bad guy while hovering at his upper chest level. 

The atmosphere of the mission is quite dark. It's raining in a torrential downpour, and you're up against the bastard child of Godzilla and the Kraken. And the SOUNDS he makes.... It's not a rip-off of Godzilla. Or anything else I instantly recognize. But it's VERY much a Toho "Kaiju" sound of some kind. And since I was tanking, I was getting a close up look and listen. "You are one UGLY Motherf......"

And the movie references just keep on coming. There was a point when the main boss is introduced where somebody in the test group quipped - "We are going to need a MUCH bigger boat..."  And somebody else replied, "Putting in a little overtime on this one..."   ^_^