Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: In Anime trailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As promised in another thread, the anime-In Nomine "movie trailers" from the SJGames website (for those who didn't bother to find them on their own):
The Dominican Tank Police
Lovely Angels of the Wind
And here's the original citation from that other thread, just for completeness' sake:
Redneck's Tenchi Muyo! -- In Nomine

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
There is also, stored elsewhere, this:
www.sjgames.com/in-nomine...ailer.html
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
That is... odd. Interesting from almost every angle, but odd.
(Time to browse that directory for other items that might be interesting...)

-- Bob
---------

Phillip

I've thought about this one myself as an intellectual exercise, though I went totally different directions with it. For starters, the only Superior putting on a direct appearance is Lucifer, in his incarnation as the End of the World. That and I chose to make Utena human.
The Duelists are a group of Celestials (And a Soldier; see below) who are fighting for the power of the Rose Bride, an enigmatic Ethereal who promises the power to grant 'World Revolution'. I haven't decided how -precisely- to work it, but she essentially has a portion of the Godhead that managed to stay coherent in the aftermath of the Metatron's death. Well, allow me to rephrase that.
It's the Word of Light in Remnant form. You see why Lucifer's involved. He wants it badly, but somehow the Rosebride is stymeing his efforts at simply taking it from her. But he thinks that if someone else were to get their hands on it, he could take it from them. And so he has inspired someone to join into the Duels: A human, Tenjou Utena. After all, taking it from a Celestial, who understood what it was they had and could use it fully, would be dangerous. But a human?
It just struck me that making Utena a Celestial would be somehow missing the point of the series. Now the rest of the cast is most certainly not human:
(Not entirely sure)
Touga: Balseraph of Malphas (Trying to out-manipulate Lucifer, no less. Silly Liar.)
Nanami: Impudite of Malphas, with a cadre of human hangers-on. (Poor Tsuwabuki)
Saionji: Calabite of Baal. I originally was thinking Djinn, but this place is rather thick with them. Somehow Calabite works for him well. He's a Beast. What he wants, he takes. What he hates, he destroys.
Juri: ...the hard one, if only because she's my favorite of all the duelists. If Infernal, I see her as a Djinn, though I can't for the life of me imagine who her Prince is. If Angelic, I imagine her as an Outcast, though again I'm having a hard time figuring what she'd be. Suggestions?
Shiori: Impudite of Kronos. (diediediediediedieDIEdiediedieDIE)
Miki: Weak-willed Cherub, Superior uncertain (though Jean or Eli would both make sense), attuned to his 'sister'
Kozue: Djinn. Such a Djinn. Scary Djinn. Comments about her serving Andrealphus are no doubt just spite on my part. Smile
Phillip, the Happy Shiny Mercurian
"The World needs more Shoujo."
Cool idea. I like it. Akio and Anthy may well be Celestials (or Ethereals) already in the source material -- making the rest of'em... yes. Nice. Reminds me a little of a Ranma fic I once considered writing -- where Akane is a key human and all the rest of the cast are Celestials trying to subtly (or not so subtly) influence her. Ranma as a Cherub (or pair of'em, with an odd Discord), Nabiki as either from the Game or from Mark, Ryoga as a Calabite and so on.
Anyway, back to your post...
Quote:
Juri: ...the hard one, if only because she's my favorite of all the duelists. ... If Angelic, I imagine her as an Outcast, though again I'm having a hard time figuring what she'd be. Suggestions?
Elohite. Possibly of Eli.
Tsuwabuki: Cherub, definitely, probably of Yves.
Wakaba: Mercurian of Flowers.
Hmm. I'll have to think more on this...

-- Bob
---------
But I'd be interested to hear suggestions for Inu-yasha or Fushigi Yuugi.
For instance, the four gods probably would have to map to specific superiors, though I've no clue which, specifically. Nakago would have to be a Balseraph, and Soi probably an Impudite, if I understand their MO right... Ashitare as a Cabbalite...
Tasuki'd be an Ofanite, Tamahome a Cherub, Chichiri... very discordant Balseraph? They're the only ones I can think of who'd have much to do with illusions...

Shifting series, Kagome's probably a Soldier (a very big mean nasty scary powerful one, too)... Sesshoumaru either Balseraph or a Cabbalite with class... Tetsusaiga as a Remnant? How do those work, anyway?
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Phillip

Did the copy of Ran Nomine reach you fine, Bob?
Since In Anime seems to be an active topic I thought I'd bring up a train of thought I toyed with last night.
Transformers In Nomine.
There are actually a few parallels - a bunch of outsiders stuck on or assigned to Earth as a result of a war goign on somewhere else. So I tried to cast the major players.
Autobots/Angels
Optimus Prime - Cherubim of Faith
Grimlock - Malakite of Stone
Wheeljack - Ofannim of Creation (probably in service to Lightning)
Bumblebee - Mercurian of Revelations
Spike - Soldier of God
Decepticons/Demons
Megatron - Calabite of War
Starscream - Impudite of Factions
Soundwave - Habbalah of Secrets
Shockwave - Djinn of War
Devestator - Shedite of Fire
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
Did the copy of Ran Nomine reach you fine, Bob?
Oh, I'm sorry, I never emailed you back. Yes, I got the two files just fine; haven't had a chance to look at them yet, though. Thank you!

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Tetsusaiga as a Remnant? How do those work, anyway?
A Remnant is a Celestial who has lost all his Celestial Forces (out of the triad of Corporeal, Ethereal and Celestial). This leaves him with intellect and physical presence, but all his connection to Heaven (or Hell) is lost, and usually so is most of his memory of being anything other than a corporeal being. They lose a lot of themselves with those Celestial forces.
I believe Gryphon once described Rei in NXE as a Remnant, albeit one who has -- despite all odds -- managed to heal herself. (Theoretically this is possible in the game, too -- if the Remnant can earn enough experience to buy new Celestial Forces. Or a Superior can graft on new Celestial Forces. But the result is never the same as the being who originally existed.)

-- Bob
---------

Phillip

Actually, Tetsusaiga would in all likelyhood be a Living Artifact if anything. Probably stolen from Laurence's pencil jar.
>Shifting series, Kagome's probably a Soldier
She's a reincarnate of another warrior-for-good. Doesn't that mean she'd have to be a flat-out Saint? (says another low-IN-fluency gamer)
...And I suppose that Kikyo Mk. II is based on a Force or two stripped out of Kagome (ow!), backed up with extras from who knows where...
--Sam
"We're Santa's little secret service."
You don't have to be a Saint to reincarnate, but you're probably right. I don't know enough about Inuyasha to comment further, sadly. (I've seen the first three episodes and read a couple issues of the comic book when it came out some years ago.)

-- Bob
---------
I have up to Volume 7.
Miroku (who doesn't show up 'till later) is apparently a pretty respectably powerful priest in his own right, even without the kazaana.
On the other hand, Kagome purifies a jewel shard so polluted he won't even consider -handling- the thing... -without knowing what she's doing.-
Likewise, Kikyo was, by all accounts and evidence, a very powerful priestess. Kagome is seen several times doing things that her previous incarnation wouldn't have been able to manage.
-Whatever- Kagome is, she's a pretty heavy hitter.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Interesting... I suppose I ought to add IY to our list of stuff to see.
Thanks, Nathan!

-- Bob
---------