Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Chapter 1 Now on "Twisting The Hellmouth"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right here.  If you have a TTH membership, we'd be ever so grateful if you would take the time to review/recommend the story there.  Thank you.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Um...Wrong forum Bob?
nope. Hellmouth is a fanfiction site Specifically for BtVS. And he's asking any of us here who also belong to it to help kick start peoples notice of it by adding our reviews to it so that other people notice that its the 10% rather than the 90% specified in Sturgeon's law.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Drogan was saying that he posted it in DW V not XIII.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Oops, right, sorry, moving thread now.

Wonder how I made that mistake...
ETA:  Okay, thread now in the right forum.  Sorry 'bout that.  While I'm here, guess I should note that there are already four reviews up, and none of the handles on them suggest folks I know from here... which means the two who said they were long-time fans of DW were previously unknown and maybe ought to get invited to the forums.  I'm sure I have a function for that somewhere on the admin pages...
-- Bob
---------
Bob? TtH has a nice little trick where the stories can be downloaded into a Nook or Kindle or some other type of e-reader.

Will you be doing that for the rest Drunkard's Walk? (http://calibre-ebook.com/ is used at Project Gutenberg quite a bit)

I did put a review up at TtH. Not a complete one, but a deceent sized one.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Thanks, I saw it and responded to it already. I sort of suspected it was someone from the forums...

I'm aware of TTH's download options -- I've populated my Kindle with a good selection therefrom. I also use calibre. And yes, I've been planning on creating mobi and epub versions of DW2 and DW5 for download from my site -- I just have to make conversion-specific versions of them to do so -- working from my website HTML hasn't produced optimal results.
-- Bob
---------
It's too bad the FFML archive and the archive for rec.arts.anime.creative are both down. The way stories are stored at those two places would have been perfect for converting to Epub or Mobi. I also have stuff from TTH and fanficauthors.net stored on my Nook Color(or the memory cards I dedicated towards my Nook)

I know. It was nothing more than plain text. Still.....
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
ShinDangaioh Wrote:It's too bad the FFML archive and the archive for rec.arts.anime.creative are both down.
The rec.arts.anime.creative archive is up...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

ScottMichaelHarris

I'm author vitruvian at tthfanfic, put in a 10 rating review this morning.
Plot bunny for you if your work on Ch. 2 hasn't already gone in a totally different direction; I'm thinking that once Doug starts to get to know the Scooby Gang, he and Xander will get along famously, but also that he will think that the total lack of combat training both Xander and Willow received once it became clear they were going to continue to help in the fight, whether from Giles himself or just by pushing them to get some classes at a dojo or at the local university, is nothing short of criminal.
Doug strongly feels that several different things about how the Scoobies and the Slayer are handled are nothing short of criminal.

Rest assured, Helen and I have plotted out everything all the way to the end. (I can, right now, quote you dialogue from the climax and the epilogues.) And Doug will have his own way of handling things.
-- Bob
---------
Oh, hey, you're still doing stuff! Be nice to see updates mentioned on the *front* of the DW site sometimes. :-)
I might note that I pointed at DW in response to the comments over on the Nodwick LJ about the recent Superman thing, pointing out the international nature of the Warriors.
Meanwhile, getting caught up on the story and...you know, after reading Doug yet again ruminating on the lack of metas in the worlds he's visiting (the potential of things like reincarnated moon princesses, guys that can survive being around 'goddess' girlfriends, and the like being metas nothwithstanding), it'd be amusing if someone somewhere showed Doug the opening to the classic Knight Rider and Doug adds Three + 1 to get a Eureka moment about why he's getting to places that already *have* metas.. ;-)