Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Evil Doug - Aquarius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While we know what Aquarius does when played by Doug, is this a guarantee that Evil Doug gets the same effect? I can easily see him using the song to create a simulacrum of Lovecraft's most infamous character. Wink"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM ofthe Rings XXXV
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Oh, that's evil... I like it.
But is it canon? Only Bob can tell us for sure...
-Rob Kelk
"I heard there was a trial run of soylent blue, but they had to cease production when the George Carlin ran out..."
Mark Jones, 13 Jan 2008
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I'm especially intrigued by the lyrics "and the mind's true liberation." CoC gamers are well aware that exposure to certain beings is indeed likely to truly liberate the mind; in the form of SAN loss.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Well, being as there is as yet no "Evil Doug" anywhere -- regardless of certain Fenspace characters' concerns over "Praetorian Doug" -- it's kind of hard to give a "canon" answer, now, isn't it?
However, if there were an Evil Doug somewhere, and he chose to use this song, he'd have to be pretty far gone on the San score himself just to want to summon Anybody from the Mythos...

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....