Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Grease
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GREASE
I solve my problems and I see the light.
We got a lovin' thing.
We gotta feed it right.
There ain't no danger we can go too far.
We start believin' now that we can be who we are.
Grease is the word.
They think our love is just a growin' pain.
Why don't they understand
it's just a crying shame?
Their lips are lying.
Only real is real.
We stop the fight right now.
We got to be what we feel.
Grease is the word.
(grease is the word, is the word,that you heard)
It's got groove.
It's got meaning.
Grease is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.
Grease is the way we are feeling.
We take the pressure and we throw away.
Conventionality belongs to yesterday.
There is a chance that we can make it so far.
We start believing now
that we can be who we are.
Grease is the word.
It's got groove.
It's got meaning.
Grease is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.
This is a life of illusion,
a life in troubles,
mixed with confusion.
What are we doing here?
We take the pressure and we throw away.
Conventionality belongs to yesterday.
There is a chance that we can make it so far.
We start believing now
that we can be who we are.
Grease is the word.
It's got groove.
It's got meaning(its got a meaning)
Grease is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.
(grease is the word , is the word, is the word...)

My post on the 'Hand Jive' has left me thinking about other songs from the movie. The lyrics for 'Grease' could grant confidence and a mental bond between teenagers who are in love with each other. As a side effect the song alters the body language of affected teens so that their movements seem slick and impressive.
Used in a Potter step you could get an amusing take on Dumbledore's assertion that "The Power He Knows Not" is Love. Outnumbered by Death Eaters Harry and friends could get a big morale boost while Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermoine start fighting side by side with perfect timing."Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM ofthe Rings XXXV
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
I've wanted to use this one for something for a long time, but I never could figure a good use.
Quote:
The lyrics for 'Grease' could grant confidence and a mental bond between teenagers who are in love with each other.
Good for the Evangelion Step, then.
Quote:
Used in a Potter step you could get an amusing take on Dumbledore's assertion that "The Power He Knows Not" is Love. Outnumbered by Death Eaters Harry and friends could get a big morale boost while Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermoine start fighting side by side with perfect timing.
Mm. I already have plans along those lines. But it might be useful in other ways. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....