Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: We didn't start the fire...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has Doug ever considered finding and playing the "local" version of this song to get a general "briefing" on the world he just gated into?
I could see him hearing the song on the radio, and and dropping the tune plugs and having a WTF!! moment as he gets a local history download from "his" point of view.
And then finding out that every world he's visited has a version of "We didn't start the fire".
I suggested exactly this a couple of years ago. Bob figures Doug would have to wait a few months in a given world for it to work, or something.
--Sam
"HEDGE!"
Yeah, pretty much. Part of that was just story mechanic -- Doug being ignorant is one of the best parts of writing him in a new world for me, because I can make him come up with all kinds of reasonable but wildly-wrong conclusions which lead him into all kinds of trouble. Letting him get a mental dossier as soon as he can find a copy of the song just takes away some of the fun.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....