Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Technology Songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week's Inquirer "top whatever" list was The INQUIRER Top 12 Songs About Technology. Now, with a topic like that, there's bound to be something that might give Doug a power, right?
Well, maybe. Discounting the purposeful mondegreen, the songs with dangerous or nonsensical lyrics, and the Neil Young song, the list gets much shorter. Here's what I came up with for powers from the two that were left:
Are Friends Electric?, Gary Numan (lyrics) - disables any self-aware robot in the area of effect. (One that Noah would not have let Doug play while he was visiting Stellvia, even if it wasn't a power song...)
Digital Man, Rush (lyrics) - gives him a robot-like body with every sensor he can imagine and a force field, but also makes him even more impulsive than normal and easier to track.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
This week's Inquirer "top whatever" list is a sequel:INQUIRER Readers Top 10 Tech Tunes. Again, I managed to get two possible power songs out of the list, assuming the songs are at all good.
Make A Circuit With Me, The Polecats (lyrics) - turns him into a living electrical generator.
I Love My Computer, Bad Religion (lyrics) - conjures a simulacrum of Noah Scott. Why Doug would want to conjure up a simulacrum of Noah is left as an exercise for the reader; I certainly can't think of a good reason.
(And an aside, I unconsciously managed an unintentional mondegreen/updating of the list's number one song while singing along to it recently: "I want my, I want my MP3..." Oopsie.)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Weird. The first link's still there, but the second is gone. Oh well...
Interesting proposals, Rob... certainly there's fun to be had there. So glad you didn't take the snarky attitude from the first list, too.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....