Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Dead Man's Party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dead man's Party
by Oingo Boingo
II'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder
Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive
CHORUS
I was struck by lighting
Walkin' down the street
I was hit by something last night in my sleep
It's a dead man's party
Who could ask for more
Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door
Leave your body and soul at the door . . .
(Don't run away it's only me)
All dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man
Waitin' for an invitation to arrive
With a dead man . . . Dead Man . . .
Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to the door
Says there's room for maybe just one more . . .
CHORUS
Don't run away it's only me
Don't be afraid of what you can't see
Don't run away it's only me . . .

Effect: Somewhat similar to Spirits (in the Material World)[i] in that it's an astral projection song for Doug, but there are two important differences: A) It leaves his unconscious body behind for the duration of the song's effect, and B) everyone who is in or enters the area of effect around is body for the song's duration is also affected - and if someone is pulled out of the AoE by some means the effect immediately ends for them, snapping their astral consciousness back, and leaving them disoriented for a few seconds adjusting to the change in surroundings as well as the whole corporeality thing.
I'm picturing this being used when Doug happens to land in a DC Comics world, and ends up starring in the Joker's favorite game show, Dead/Not Dead, to give the clown a taste of his own airborne neurotoxin, so to speak, but I'm sure there are far more interesting things people can think up for it.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
ZAP-BOOM

Doug gets struck by lightning, twice.
If he manages to retarget though he could pull of an "Alitta"
Hm. I'll have to think about it. For some reason, the DC Universe suggestion brings "Deadman" more to mind than the Joker...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...