Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: In the Air Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By Phil Collins

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
(Doug recieves a premonition about a target's near-future actions, must be played after dark)
Ive been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
(Target must be someone Doug dislikes or outright despises)
Ive seen your face before my friend
But I dont know if you know who I am
(Doug must be able to recognise the target by sight, thoguh they need not know him)
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where youve been
(After the initial precog burst at the beginning of the song, the trance continues, and he sees groundwork already done as if he was an observer present at the time, including rough knowledge of where it happened, enoguh to draw a circle on a state map)
Its all been a pack of lies
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
Ive been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord
And Ive been waiting for this moment all my life, oh lord, oh lord
Well I remember, I remember dont worry
How could I ever forget, its the first time, the last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up, no you dont fool me
The hurt doesnt show; but the pain still grows
Its no stranger to you or me
And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord...

It should probably be less a matter of Doug thinking about a specific bad guy to target, than his subconscious picking one at semi-random from whoever fits the criteria in local reality - trying to force a psecific target makes it likely to backfire and just play through the first and or last time he encountered that target rather than showing anything new, and there's a certain level of nastiness that must apply to the things being plotted before it'll key in. So, on aslow night when the biggest evil underfoot is filling the Badmobile and drving off without paying, or using solid-light projection abilites to make it look like athe female lead is naked throughout the movie in a theeater, he gets to reminisce over that time Doctor Splice tried the old "water trap & mutant sharks" deathtrap and he turned the sharks into sea monkeys.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Hmmm... has some definite dramatic possibilities. Yes...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03