Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Murmur the Fallen

Do covers of songs have a different effect from the original?
Such as, would Paul Simon's "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard," imprison someone in an energy barrier and Me First And the Gimme Gimmes version give a targeted enemy worse direction sense than Ryouga?
And that's not even touching on showtunes.
Oh, my recommendation: "Dies Irae" from Verdi's Requiem. I see it as a wave of invisible power emanating from Doug that turns everything around him for as far as he can see into ash and dust like the fist of god.
It's an angry day song.
And the song that Doug should never hear is "England Made Me" by Black Box Recorder.
I had a dream last night, that I was drunk
I killed the stranger, and left him in a trunk
In Brighton railway station
It was an unsolved case
A famous murder mystery
People love mystery
Yes, and I think I even say something like this in the story somewhere. "Hazy Shade of Winter" is the example; the Bangles version gives him the "ice man" powers. The original S&G version just makes it grey and cold with patches of snow.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Indexfiles

The Great Author Says:
Quote:
"Hazy Shade of Winter" is the example; the Bangles version gives him the "ice man" powers. The original S&G version just makes it grey and cold with patches of snow.

Since these two versions of the song have different effects, does this mean Doug can use both in the same day?
--Indexfiles aka Index aka J.W. Harris

SKJAM

Hmm...having my work CDs in alphabetical order, today was Johnny Cash day, and so I think of the song, "Sam Hall".
Version on the American IV:The Man Comes Around album--strikes everyone around Doug blind. "Damn your eyes," indeed.
Version on "Sings Songs of the Real West"--just makes Doug drunk.
There are a lot of songs, especially in C-W, that would do nothing but get Doug drunk...

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.