Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Use of Pat Benetar's Invincible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's in Doug's arsenal. I was surprised he didn't use it DWII.
What's the effect..turn him into Superman?...a Super Saiyan?...the Greatest American Hero?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

cpt kangarooski

Why would it have to be so flashy? All it needs to do is make Doug invincible. That's not the same as being strong, or able to fly. Rather, it would just make him unable to be defeated. This isn't quite the same as invulnerability either; rather, I think this song would just result in however many minor deus ex machinae are needed to prevent defeat, though perhaps not enough to ensure victory.
If you want something more showy, I'd try her "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" which would probably make Doug a magnet for any ranged attacks made by any combatant. But that's okay, since as the song goes, Knock me down, it's all in vain/I get right back on my feet again
//If you want something more showy, I'd try her "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" which would probably make Doug a magnet for any ranged attacks made by any combatant. But that's okay, since as the song goes, Knock me down, it's all in vain/I get right back on my feet again //

Actually it work against any one using mostly magical attacks. Beryl for example..
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Why would it be limited to magic?
As for "Invincible", it was being saved for a special purpose that got cut out right at the end. In the original draft of the "goodbye" scene, Doug tossed a soundrom at Sylia -- a copy of "Invicible" -- with the exhortation that it was for her to listen to whenever the mission began to blot out the cause for the mission. The original Sylia epilogue had her listening to it. Even the final Sylia epilogue made a mention of it until almost the last moment. I cut it out because after all the changes that had happened to Doug's relationship with the Sabers (it got a lot more antagonistic than I'd originally plotted), it wasn't appropriate and moreover it seemed clumsy.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.