Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Genre question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may have asked this before, but does Doug as a general rule stick to rock music, or is his musical taste more wide-ranging?
I'd love to see what he does with "Gateway to Faerie" by Elvendrums (www.elvendrums.com) (massive plug for one of my favorite Faire bands) or possibly Gilbert and Sullivan's "Modern Major General".
Let's not even consider the effects of listening to all 18+ hours of Wagner's "Ring"...

Skitz Warriors Alpha

Bob, We;ve got an Elvendrums CD you could borrow (tho it doesn't have that song on it I think, _The Dragon_). Good stuff, fun people.

Skitz
Doug has a wide range of musical tastes; the helmet archives include showtunes ("76 Trombones" and "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" have long been in his active list), some country-western, a little bluegrass, some Valdemaran folk music, and even some marching band and classical stuff. (The latter two are not really for powers, but more for goofing with.) It's just that he likes having a nice heavy backbeat for combat if at all possible -- and rock is good at supplying that.
(Oh, and I've stumbled across Elvendrums' site, but I haven't heard anything of theirs. I just might take you up on the offer, John.)

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
[evil grin] it's always nice to introduce friends to friends they don't know yet.
"The Dragon" is my favorite of their 2 albums; "Gateway to Faerie" (their 2nd album) introduces more stuff they've been experimenting with recently and just doesn't sound as muck like them as their earlier stuff, if that makes any sense.
Likes folk music, eh? I'll have to go through my RenFest cds and see what fun I can pull out...
Edit: corrected spelling error.