Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Pair of new songs for Bob & Doug...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ed Becerra

Just two songs that might have curious effects for Doug.
I'm still looking for the lyrics, but I already have mp3's of each one.
"I'm Falling" - The Comsat Angels
"Number One" - Chaz Jankel
Both songs are from the movie "Real Genius", and are pretty gripping. "Number One" being VERY powerful, which you might remember if you can recall the scene in the movie where it was used.
Ed Becerra
Picard always drank tea.
Kirk always drank coffee.
Any questions?
both: Koo-roo-coo-coo-Koo-roo-coo-coo!
Bob: Good day, eh? Welcome to the Great White North. I'm Bob McKenzie, and this is my brother Doug.
Doug: G'day, eh?
Bob: Right, and today on the Great White North we're lookin' at some songs suggested by Ed Becerra.
Doug: Who just happens to look great in a toque.
Bob: Shaddup, you hoser.
Okay, I think I'll stop now.
Ed, I don't remember either of those songs from Real Genius -- looks like I have to find them and check them out.
Oh, and I owe you a phone call or fifteen. Now that I can talk for more than five minutes without coughing up my lungs, I have to call you.

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert

Ed Becerra

Well, "Number One" is more famous.. it was the song used as the theme for that scene where you see everyone studying frantically, and several people cracking from the strain.
I don't have the lyrics, but I can transcribe a few lines to give you the general feeling...
"Number one is a hard time in the making / number two is the one place I'm not taking / Number three goes on one knee for a token / Number four is a short straw that is broken /
I'd give my all just to be number one...
Number one is a hard time in the making...
Don't give a damn
what else I am
I am the man
In the making!
I'd give the world if I could be number one...
I'll do my best
do beat the rest
and be the best
in the nation!
I'll stake my claim
I'll make my name
my love, my game
my vocation!"
Quote:
Bob: Shaddup, you hoser.
Hmm, that reminds me; I need to go see "Brother Bear." More on topic, "Take Off" by Geddy Lee and the Bros. McKenzie might make a good transportation song. Of course, it only whisks Doug to Canada (and probably to Northern Canada at that), but hey, it beats the Deathtrap du Jour.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
Hmm, that reminds me; I need to go see "Brother Bear." More on topic, "Take Off" by Geddy Lee and the Bros. McKenzie might make a good transportation song. Of course, it only whisks Doug to Canada (and probably to Northern Canada at that), but hey, it beats the Deathtrap du Jour.
Yah, it's a beauty way to go, but I'd expect he'd have to be somehow blocked from access to choonz to be in the DDJ anyway. Now, maybe a step into the Strange Brew movie world...
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Now, maybe a step into the Strange Brew movie world...
Which itself is not too much better than the Deathtrap Du Jour.
(When I first saw "DDJ" in that post, though, my immediate thought was, "What does Doctor Dobb's Journal have to do with anything?" No, seriously.)

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert

Here are the lyrics.

Number one is a hard time in the making
Number two is the one plane I'm not taking
Number three goes a (?) for a token
Number four is the short straw but it's broken
I'd give my all just to be number one
Number one is a hard time in the making
Don't give (Don't give) a damn (a damn) what else (what else) I am (I am) I am (I am) the man in the making
Number five is a bad crime 'round the circut
Number six is a sad dream when you're working
I'd give the world I could be number one
Number one is the one way to salvation
I'll do (I'll do) my best (my best) to beat (to beat) the rest (the rest) and be (and be) the best in the nation
I'll stake (I'll stake) my claim (my claim) I'll make (I'll make) my name (my name) my love (my love) my game my vocation
I'd give my all just to be number
Don't give (Don't give) a damn (a damn) what else (what else) I am (I am) I am (I am) the man in the making
I'll stake (I'll stake) my claim (my claim) I'll make (I'll make) my name (my name) my love (my love) my game my vocation
Yeah, that sounds familiar. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.