Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Forever Until Tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forever Until Tomorrow
A Chrono Trigger remix by Star Salzman
OCReMix
YouTube

Watch the sunrise in the west.

Watch the water spin the wrong way out the drain,

the wrong way, the wrong way, the wrong way.

You, you're walking backwards;

space and time have no meaning anymore.

You, you're moving backwards,

broken after washing up on the shore.

Then I awake

at the end of time.

Time and space

are friends of mine.

Someone let me out of here!

Watch the sunset in the east;

watch the future unwind and wind itself to sleep.

Turn yourself around

and come back the way you came.

Rewind, dniweR.

Watch me turn around.

The Earth is spinning the wrong way

and the hourglass is working upside-down.

I hope you don't mind temporal anomalies.

The speed of light's a limit we can break now;

traveling without moving.

Watch the sunset in the east;

watch the future unwind and wind itself to sleep.

Turn yourself around

and come back the way you came.

I think that this song's effect is rather obvious.  It rewinds time.  (Majora's Mask style, possibly?)
I would imagine that, assuming he had it before the Walk started, Doug treated this song in much the same way he treats religious songs.  With the amount of attention the Three are paying him now, well, I doubt this one is going to get played ever.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Well, no, Doug has other time-manipulation songs (remember "Freezeframe"?) that he's not concerned about using. So that's not really an issue.

One thing you don't note is how much rewind he can do. I'm inclined to make it one-for-one -- he goes backwards from the point he starts the song, for as long as he allows the song to play. This limitation should also help him get it "under the radar" if you're inclined to think of it that way.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Actually, I had forgotten about "Freezeframe".  I need to go and reread sometime soon.  Also, I might have overestimated the song's power, given the lines about watching the sun set and rise in reverse.
That said, I still think the song would attract the Three's attention, in a similar manner to how "Twist of Fate" did.  If Doug can play the song within about five minutes of a person's death, well, that person wouldn't be dead anymore, and Doug would have a short window of time to change that person's future.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Well, "Twist of Fate" got divine attention because it's explicitly written into the song -- "the gift of life extension/by Divine intervention". Well, that and it is a resurrection. That said, the situation you posit would almost certainly get their attention.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Reminds me of the super-gizmo from GalaxyQuest, the Omega 13(?).

"reverse time for 5 minutes, What good is that?"

"Enough time to fix one really big mistake."

(paraphrased from (dim) memory)