Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Are We There Yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From an old edutainment game that I just recalled:

It generates a vehicle, which persists after the song ends, but is only able to get Doug 90% of the way to his destination, and engenders huge amounts of annoyance while driving/using it, for Doug and anyone he is transporting in the vehicle.� Once the 90% point is passed, the vehicle dissipates gradually enough that those inside aren't taken by surprise, and have time to stop and get out without being harmed.� Usually.
Edit:
Upon further reflection, I think it might be a good idea to drop the whole 90% thing, and have the vehicle (almost always a car or van) just vanish upon reaching the destination.� It would be too easy to get around, by setting an initial destination further than you actually wanted to go, though having to do the math for figuring out what to set as the destination would fit the song's source...� Hmm...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
I like the "90% of targeted end point, figure out the math if you want to get somewhere" thing. It just kind of fits with the quirky Dougishness of his song powers, at least In My Holy Opinion.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Don't forget that sometimes Doug's subconscious is a dick. If it knows (and how wouldn't it?) that Doug's picked a spot that's 111.11111...% of the way along the route he wants to go, it may cut off the effect early just to spite him...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yeah, that's true. Ok, nevermind my edit, then.  Smile
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Yeah. there's fun to be had here...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
You know, what would probably be funny would be for this to be usually reliable for short range, but always unreliable for long range. This way, it's useful for getting around town, but when Doug decides to use it for a road trip...
-----
"Well, the bright side is, we managed to travel 180 of the 200 miles in less than ten minutes. Sorry about the four flat tires, though."
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor