Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Simulacrum: Tacojiira
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not Doug's usual style of music, I'll grant, but the subject matter is offbeat enough that it could still appeal to his sense of humor I think.

Do you want a taco? (taco!)

DO YOU? DO YOU?

DO YOU? DO YOU?

(taco crunching sounds)

Do you find every thought you have's about it?

Do you wake every second you're without it?

Do you feel like your very soul's on fire?

A BURNING DESIRE!

Do you hate anyone who keeps you from it?

Would you do anything until you got it?

Would you slay a thousand zombies and then then you gotta get one?

DO YOU? DO YOU?

DO YOU? (DO YOU?) DO YOU?

Do you feel inner peace because you hold it?

Would you fall and you stare if you had dropped it?

Does it meet every need you have inside?

YOU FEEL SO ALIVE!!

Do you crave all the simple pleasures of it?

Does the taste qualify the contents in it?

Can you claim that the taste is to know the mind of God?

What can I get you?

I would like 4,000 tacos and 1 diet coke

How many tacos?

Uh, that would be 4,000

Four THOUSAND tacos and 1 diet coke?

Yes sir.

Do you consume it or does it consume

Do you consume it or does it consume

Does it consume YOU?

Do you consume it or does it consume...

YOU!

Effect: Creats a giant (well, as big as it can be and fit in Doug's AoE, which is still a pretty big taco) animated taco that hops around biting people with its tortilla shard teeth and causing chemical burns with five-alarm sauce. Doug's ability to ride and direct it may be less than ideal, however. Alternately, if there are actually enough ingredients within range, he can use it to instantly restructure them into up to 4000 normal sized tacos, even if the materials are as raw as live cattle and standing (but fully matured) corn and tomatoes etc. Since the food is only changed in physical form, not conjured, it remains even after the song ends, though they may become quite bland if actual spices weren't available to be included in the making. The combat effect may be particularly effective versus the undead, also, which could be hilarious as well as effective if used in the Buffy step, even if it's just a bit of comic relief - troubles' all around, no one feeling energetic, and THAT's when a gang of fledges decides to strut out of an alley like they're somebody. "Don't worry, I got this," says Doug, who tehn proceeds to dispose of them with some spicy tex-mex. Watching the dust settle, (scooby A) bemusedly says, "You know, it has been a while since I had a good taco. Didn't Kahunaburger add them to the menu recently?" Fade out on the probability of finding pineapple in a Hawaiian themed fast food joint taco, and Dawn's assertion that it sounds yummy if so versus everyone else's skepticism.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
'Scuse me whilst I sit in the corner over here and giggle helplessly.
ETA:  I should note that I was holding a plate of nachos when I played that.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
This is by the same group who recorded "This Is Not A Song, It's A Sandwich" - which should be in the suggestions if you follow it back t the YouTube page - and several other kind of cracked numbers. So does making you giggle with glee count as a yes, or does it just mean that it's something Doug's List says he should be forbidden from using but everyone on the team knows he will anyway if given a chance?

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
The lyrics sound to me like they'd cause someone to become utterly obsessed with tacos for the duration of the song. The question is, does the song affect Doug, a single chosen target, multiple chosen targets, everyone within Doug's area of effect except for Doug or everyone within Doug's area of effect including Doug?
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Eh, I think the song is a little too much 'in your face' punk to have such a subtle effect, really. I was thinking about "This Is Not A Song, It's A Sandwich" more, though, and if it was a power song, I think it should break the rules by conjuring a sandwich (or equivalent for non-omnivore/non-carbon-based beings) which sticks around and is nutritious and provides the equivalent of one compete meal's sustenance for one target creature, Doug or another within his AoE... and with a very loose definition of "creature." As long as there's enough floating mana for him to refill from, this is enough to keep Doug going if kind of hungry (since like any other song it only works once per day) on magic alone in an otherwise desolate environment, but if the world is so low-magical he has to work purely from his own reserves it is of course counterproductive to try to use it for himself. Very handy when you encounter a life form with oddball diet requirements, though, like a Horta or hyperintelligent shades of the color blue, or a vampire that he has a reason not to immediately destroy with extreme prejudice.

- CD
--