Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Cruel Angel's Thesis Fandub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I don't know what the original Japanese version does, but I can't help but wonder if this version would do anything different.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Good question; I've rarely dealt with theme songs (except, of course, for "I'm A Pioneer"), simply because they're usually not found in-world (another possible exception -- "Moonlight Densetsu"). I'll actually have to sit down and think about it.

Oh, and it's interesting that you post this now; I just discovered it myself on Sunday.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I'm fairly certain that Moonlight Densetsu does exist in-world. In season one, Mamoru gave Usagi a music box that played an instrumental version of the song. I don't know how readily available the song might be, as the version with vocals might have been lost during the fall of the Moon Kingdom, depending on how Mamoru obtained it, but it did exist in-world at some point.
Edit:
I forgot to mention, I've noticed that a number of animes, especially older ones, sneak theme songs into the backround as music playing on TVs and radios, as it is one of the few pieces of music that the show already has the rights to, and usually doesn't need to pay extra to reuse.  For example, I remember a scene in the second or third season of Ranma 1/2 where the season one theme song was playing on a TV.  I can't recall, but I think they might even have included a miniaturized version of the visuals, though that part might be my imagination warping a years old memory.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Jorlem Wrote:I'm fairly certain that Moonlight Densetsu does exist in-world. In season one, Mamoru gave Usagi a music box that played an instrumental version of the song. I don't know how readily available the song might be, as the version with vocals might have been lost during the fall of the Moon Kingdom, depending on how Mamoru obtained it, but it did exist in-world at some point.
In episode 7 (the one with the Dark Kingdom talent contest), Usagi and Naru sing the first few bars of Moonlight Denetsu... so, yeah, the lyrics exist in-universe.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:I'm fairly certain that Moonlight Densetsu does exist in-world.
Oh, it certainly does, as Rob points out. By "possible exception" I meant a song that Doug might get use out of. Which is actually wrong, because he does get use out of... well, a version of it. In DW13.
-- Bob
---------
Ah. I misunderstood what you meant, then. Whoops.
-----
No problem -- I'd phrased it a bit clumsily.
-- Bob
---------