Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: another song idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kelly Clarkson - What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKWwI0ONGc
You know the bed feels warmer,
Sleeping here alone,
You know I dream in color,
And do the things I want.
You think you got the best of me
Think you had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone.
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
What doesn't kill you makes a fire
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, Myself and I
Stand a little taller
You heard that I was starting over with someone new,
They told you I was moving on, over you,
You didn't think that I'd come back, I'd come back swinging
You try to break me you see
stand a little taller
doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
Footsteps even lighter
doesn't mean I'm over cause your gone.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
Stand a little taller Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
Thanks to you I got a new thing started
Thanks to you I'm not the broken hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me
You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning
 in the end...
Stand a little talker
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
Footsteps even lighter
doesn't mean I'm over cause you gone.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, Myself and I
Stand a little taller
2 possibilities here:
1) another inspirational song
2) Power song: Doug absorbs the energy of attacks against him (kinetic or otherwise) and transfers it into strength  (like Sebastian Shaw of  Marvel's Hellfire Club)
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
found the official video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I
---------
It reminds me strongly of (googles a bit of lyrics) Christina Aquilera's _Fighter_ but the voice is much less raucous and grating, and the music sweeter. To characterize them in a word or two each, _Fighter_ is saying "F you" while "Stronger" is thoughtful. Either one are very much of a similar mold as "I'm Alive" in sentiment, though I wouldn't expect either of these two to be healing songs as such. I could see them as kind of stealth (from Doug at first) utility songs though - Stronger making the process of toning or increasing muscle mass go faster for the same expended effort, and Fighter the gain/retention of muscle memory and tactical tricks, and possibly body-hardening excercises, in the pain-threshold and toughening sense. Except Doug isn't getting XP so he wouldn't notice at all, unless they affect everyone in his AoE when using them and he used them as mood music while teaching PE and Mixed Martial Arts Club because they weren't awful but didn't seem to do anything, during a Stagger somewhere. Something like that, anyway - not being able to listen to GOOD music without his power activating has to be one of the suckiest thing about being Doug, I have to say.

--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:unless they affect everyone in his AoE when using them and he used them as mood music while teaching PE and Mixed Martial Arts Club because they weren't awful but didn't seem to do anything, during a Stagger somewhere.
Doesn't have to be a Stagger -- Doug's going to be running a storefront dojo in DW6, after all...
Quote:not being able to listen to GOOD music without his power activating has to be one of the suckiest thing about being Doug, I have to say.
Yeah. It's not worth much as a disad or flaw or whatever the system of choice might be if you quantify him for a game, but it always seemed to be a big deal to me. In a very real way he's partly cut off from the culture from which he derives his powers -- and his humor.
-- Bob
---------
Oh? I hadn't remembered, if you mentioned it before. Well, that would be convenient, wouldn't it? Actually, Fighter could well be a generic learning aid, which could be how he figures that one out - if kids discover that it's actually easier to do their homework hanging out on the benches while their friends are doing the class despite the things that would normally be a distraction and mention that to him when he asks why they're doing that, the cute little non- paying-customer tykes, it could set him on the trail of finding out why. And the official video for Stronger REALLY supports the teaching tool interpretation, dunnit? I hadn't watched that before.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
You ever get a chance to check out the video for Stronger, Bob?
---------