Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Three from my current playlist...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<Berlin, "Take My Breath Away, 4:13>

you wanted to be specific/literal, I'd go for gradual asphyxiation. That's just boring, though.

My preferred interpretation would be the ability to create vacuums (not vacuum cleaners, but absences of air). This would work for literalism (and be a remarkably quiet way to kill someone), but might also have some utility uses.

If you wanted to get metaphorical, it makes Doug as breathtaking a sight as (meta)humanly possible.

<deadmau5 ft. Kaskade, "I Remember", 9:53>

first, I was thinking of a 'reverse amnesia' effect, but Doug already has that.

Maybe eidetic memory for the duration of the song? If Doug caught enough of the lyrics, I'd make it a retroactive effect- sort of a 'You can remember any events in your entire life with perfect clarity for 9:53'.

Otherwise, I'd see it as making it impossible for him to forget anything that happened while the song was active.

<Bachman-Turner Overdrive, "Takin' Care Of Business", 4:54>
way I can see this one going. Maybe the ability to blend into an office environment perfectly, as though he belongs there? Or maybe a time dilation effect- a way to get in a full workday in a much shorter amount of time?

Either way, it's a classic song.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:My preferred interpretation would be the ability to create vacuums (not vacuum cleaners, but absences of air).
Hmm. I could work with that.

One of these days I'll get around to using another Berlin song somewhere -- "No More Words".
Quote:Maybe eidetic memory for the duration of the song? If Doug caught enough of the lyrics, I'd make it a retroactive effect- sort of a 'You can remember any events in your entire life with perfect clarity for 9:53'.
I like that. Very useful.
Quote:Couple way I can see this one going. Maybe the ability to blend into an office environment perfectly, as though he belongs there? Or maybe a time dilation effect- a way to get in a full workday in a much shorter amount of time?
I think I prefer the second; I have a precedent for it that will be showing up in DW8 one of these chapters.

Thank you!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.