Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: DW sidestory idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this idea lodged in my brain for quite a while now, but the chances of me actually writing it are slim so I figured I'd toss it out for others to look at/make use of.
Basicly the idea has Doug end up spending some time at Acme Looniversity (yes, Tiny Toons). I've been unsuccessful in trying to mentally picture Doug's expression when he first meets Bugs and Co.
Some of the random ideas I've had for the senario are:
- Doug acting as a handyman around the school while trying to find his next gatesong.
- Fifi Lafume crushing on said new handyman
- Doug tripping over Gogo Dodo whenever he turns around because Gogo like how Doug's improbability feild feels.
- Daffy (after learning of Doug's power) tying him up and 'treating' Doug to Daffy's greatest hits (performed live).
- Daffy being rather annoyed at Doug the rest of his stay because Doug slipped out of the ropes and escaped partway thru Daffy's concert (and Daffy didn't notice for an hour)
- cleaning up after Calamity's latest explosion.
- regular poker nights with Bugs and some of the others (where Granny often ends up cleaning out the rest of the players)
- Doug's improbability feild eventually adapting to the Acme world by causing him to start doing wild takes.
So what do ya'll think? 8p __________________
That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
Not until later on, anyway - I know Bob has said he gets clued in at some point, but I've forgotten just when.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
If I recall correctly, Doug will have Maggie with him after he becomes aware of Transfictionality...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Necratoid

Err... Quiny literally explained the concept to him... In fact, became an evil overlord proving the concept. He also spends a step with people that semi-ignore the forth wall. He knows about it intellectually, its only realizing just how much of it is effecting him personally.
Actually, he considered Quincy to be an analogue of himself, and we haven't seen how he reacted to Sana-chan and her household. He's at the "Sliders" stage of dimensional travel, not the "Incompleat Enchanter" stage (let alone the "Number of the Beast" stage...)
Mind you, he's likely to get transfictionality thrown in his face by the Legion's Quest Step...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
To be honest, I hadn't really thought about where/when along the Walk this would take place. I was mainly just trying to pry the idea out of my mind for a while. 8P
Frankly I haven't been reading this forum long, I've mostly kept track of new chapters by occasionally checking the main site and when Bob announced new parts on the EPU forums.
Quote:
Mind you, he's likely to get transfictionality thrown in his face by the Legion's Quest Step...
No, quite definitely. That's the planned point where he's clued in completely:
Quote:
"Long story," sighed Ed. "I'll tell you later. Just trust
me, it's NOT a good idea to show Warner Brothers cartoons to a
computer that controls a transporter/mass replicator system."
Minerva stuck her tongue out at her boss. "That's not
what you said when I anvilled that pervert boomer back in the
Dominion Tank Police reality."
"Boomer?" Doug's eyebrows threatened to shove his
brushcut blonde hair to the back of his neck. "Don't tell me
you've been to MegaTokyo, too?" Then he wrinkled his nose in
thought. "But I don't remember any Dominion Tank Police
there..." he mused. "Just those poor martyrs in the ADP, and
they used powered armor and those stupid little copters."
"The other way around, actually," said Ed. He looked
thoughfully at their guest. "It was an alternate where GENOM
developed in the Dominion reality. Fortunately, almost all the
people concerned were too busy trying to do something about the
bacterial clouds to spare much time for the usual corporate
megalomania."
"Wait, wait." Doug held up a hand. "What do you mean
'in the Dominion reality'? You talk like you have these
predefined categories all set up, and this one place you visited
was some kind of crossover with elements of two different
timelines that don't normally mix."
Minerva's eyes grew very large and she traded glances
with Ed. "Do you want to tell him, Boss, or should I?"
Oh, and the travels with Maggie are an as-yet undeveloped idea that I'm calling "Drunkard's Vacation" for the moment -- it'd be a completely separate series.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Quote:
I've had this idea lodged in my brain for quite a while now, but the chances of me actually writing it are slim so I figured I'd toss it out for others to look at/make use of.
By the way, Timote, hi and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry that I took so long to get back to you after your post; I've had a busy few days and each time I sat down to read the forums I barely had time to get through the first section before something else demanded my attention.
As for the idea, it sounds like a fun little thing, clearly a bit less serious than the usual Step or Stagger. You want to try your hand at writing it?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
My writing skills leave a lot to be desired. 8P
I might try writing it sooner or later (probably later), but if someone else wants to use the idea, it'd be fine by me.__________________
That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.