Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Song of the Day, 12/9/03
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SPOKEN: SUNG:Something in the moonlight catches my eyeThe shadow of a lover goes dancing byLooking for a little bit of love to grow,so give me love, give me heart and soul.You never let me cross to the other side nowI'm tied to the hope that you will somehowHard on the heels of something more,but I lost your love, heart and soul.The tear in my heart as you walk on by. More than an oceanI feel so low and your head is high.Everything you do convinces me more Keeps us apartPlease give me love, give me heart and soulLooking to the day when I saw your face I feel a tearingWasn't in the running, I wasn't in the race in half of my heartYou moved in a way that I'd known before,Now I want your love, heart and soulTired eyes, tears that dried Leaving you ain't easy now,on the bed on the pillow where you told your lies but loving you's the harder partA turn of the key, my blood runs cold You never want me for myselfDon't look back to hurt me more And I've needed you right from theEverything you said was to the point Very startOh won't you even try to... Oh won't you even try to...CHORUS (sung):Give a little bit of heart and soulGive a little bit of love to growGive a little bit of heart and soulAnd don't you make me beg for moreGive a sign I need to knowA little bit of heart and soulWalking on the water, walking on the air A walk on the water, ooh,That was the heart of the love we sharedDo you keep a secret left untold Is all that I need,So you can't give love heart and soul?I used to have a lover with the midas touch, But miracles are not happening.I turned to gold but he turned to dust.Left me for another, I turned to stone.Now give me love, heart and soul.Tired eyes, tears that dried Living in a fantasy,On the bed on the pillow where you told your lies There's never any room to breathe.A turn of the key through the door you go. Hoping every waking hourDon't look back to hurt me more. You'll turn around and say that we can startEverything you said just said it all.Can't you try to... Oh won't you even try to...CHORUS (sung):Give a little bit of heart and soulGive a little bit of love to growGive a little bit of heart and soulAnd don't you make me beg for moreGive a sign I need to knowA little bit of heart and soulSomehow, I lost my wayLooking to see something in your eyesBut love will never compromiseNow this is the politics of lies, yeahGive a little bit of heart and soulGive a little bit of love to growGive a little bit of heart and soulAnd don't you make me beg for moreGive a sign I need to knowA little bit A little bitGive a little bit of heart and soulGive a little bit of love to growGive a little bit of heart and soulAnd don't you make me beg for moreGive a sign I need to knowA little bit A little bit(Repeat and fade)
-- T'Pau, Heart and Soul
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.