Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: There's a Loon... Over at the Frankenstein Place
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I actually have an opening for that one now... enough to warrant moving it over here. There's not likely ever to be any more of it though.
(For one thing, I see Doug as intervening to defuse the Eddie/Frank conflict, which while morally admirable and so forth does toss much of the rest of the script right out the window. For another, let's face it, most of Doug's lines would be obscene. Hilarious, but obscene.)
(Perhaps this one could be opened to all interested parties? Then again, that might provoke a flamewar over the "proper" AP responses.)

This, thought Douglas Q. Sangnoir, is not how it's supposed to go.
It was a simple sequence of events, repeated so many times by now he knew exactly what to expect: Open a gate to some other world, enter it, fall asleep, wake up already on said other world. He never experienced the interdimensional transit as anything but the occasional odd and vivid dream.
Not this time. This time, as far as he could tell, he was fully conscious astride his gravbike... and drifting in the midst of a dead-black void. He might have assumed that he'd jumped into a dead or failed universe, if it weren't for two things:
1) his inexplicable failure to suffocate and die in hard vacuum; and
2) the oddest sensation of movement, in a direction he couldn't quite place.
No, Doug was going somewhere, of that he was certain. But the getting there was getting... boring.
Nothing but darkness, like a sensory deprivation tank, or a blank movie screen...
Movie screen?
I'm getting punchy in here. But what the hell... Doug waved a hand at nothing and declaimed:
"And God said... Let there be LIPS!"
And--
much to his amazement and amusement--
--there WERE Lips.
And they were good.
The collossal disembodied mouth opened and began to sing...
Michael Rennie was ill the day the Earth stood still
But he showed us where we stand...

"On our FEET!" Doug caroled joyously. It was weird, it was bizarre, but for once on this long strange trip he was certain he knew exactly where he'd be landing next.
And he already had a good idea what he'd be doing when he got there.
This was going to be fun...
--Sam
"Whip me, beat me, mistreat me... make me write bad checks!"

Morgan Champion

If you're referring to The rocky Horror Picture Show,count me out.( I HATES IT FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)"There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets""There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"
Lurker, just keep going and when you want to say you're finished, I'll collate it all and post it, okay? Trust me, I'm enjoying this immensely.
(And we'll handwave our way around how Doug got to know the Show so well without unfortunate power side effects... )

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.

Kokuten

Because in a shocking coincidence, _none_ of the songs used in RHPS do anything for Doug, except make him laugh and feel good.
I would imagine Doug would REALLY enjoy the opportunity to spend time in a musical environment without having to be mindful of his powers, allowing him to just 'be him'[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Either that or, what Doug didn't realise is that the whole soundtrack is one giant power song for him:
Powerword: Create RHPS Showing..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Kokuten

hmmm.. but who would attend?
And I personally don't buy in to him getting one power from the whole thing. There are intervening bits of dialog and action scenes, though..
[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Well, since we're reaching... Maybe Doug gets the occasional "reaction" which shorts out his power ability? He still has his personal probability field, and whatever additional metahuman gifts he has, but his magic field just peters out for a while?
Or another possibility. Maybe he just winds up somewhere where the magic is already user-locked. (To the RHPS people in this case), and until he finds a way around the security, he can't actually *use* any of it. And unless he has truly colossal personal power reserves, he'd have a hard time powering his usual list of gifts on Journeyman-level power alone.

Kokuten

oooh, that's a good one.. all the RHPS weirdness being due to latent magical abilities of the 'cast'![Image: kokbanner.jpg]
It would certainly explain a lot about Denton in "Shock Treatment"...
Doug's reserves are about 100 V&V power points, which can be a considerable quantity, depending on what he wants to do with them.

-- Bob
---------
Maybe the effect of Doug's power that the songs draw out is to... empower the cast to do the various weird stuff that's required.
Or compel, in certain cases.
I can imagine it now:
Quote:
Doug shook his head as he drove off into the rising sun, away from the den of insanity he'd just escaped. "Oh, good gods," he muttered, "It's all my fault..."

Hell, maybe the whole thing is a vast giant simulacrum that he's unconsciously powering...

-- Bob
---------