Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: An announcement...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple years back, in a thread about a visit to the circus we made with Kat and Joe Avins and their daughter, I referred to the latter as "Nina 'I'm Only Three, I Don't Have A Codename Yet' Avins".
This no longer applies.
As many of you may already know (from the DW FAQ if nothing else), the Warriors run a school for young metahumans. When I became the GM for Warriors a couple years back, I made the request that the players each create a couple of students for the school, since I planned on bringing it into play every once in a while.
Joe and Kat Avins responded by essentially establishing the metahuman dominance of Kat's family's genes, by recruiting their nieces by her sister Heather into the school.
Now that Nina is almost six, she too has joined the cast of characters. Her code name is a tribute to her mother: "Katgirl". Her power set... is unstable -- she gets a new collection of powers every day.
She also wanted a classmate, so at the most recent gaming day we had, Nina asked Peggy if she could make up a daughter for Shadowwalker to be her best friend at the Academy. Peggy agreed. Since Nina's counterpart in Warriors' World is in real-time -- meaning she won't be six until 2005 -- that means Shadowwalker's daughter will also be about the same age -- which means, as of Doug's departure on the Walk, Shadowwalker is pregnant. And he doesn't know it.
I really don't know what I'm going to do with this yet, but it certainly makes for some interesting background data.
Plus I thought people would get a kick of hearing how this happened.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Oh, btw, I'm not certain that Nina will actually be playing yet -- it's entirely possible that this is merely conceptualizing with extensive input from the child in question. I'm not sure she has the patience or attention span to actually sit through a game session yet.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."