Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A Silly Little Scrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so Monday I'm listening to one of my mix CDs in the car, this one being the third disc I've made that's full of anime theme music and J-Pop. And the first track is the opening theme to Magic Knight Rayearth. Now, I have absolutely no intention of writing a Step in that world -- the plot is too structured for Doug to be able to do anything useful there -- but while listening to the song, I had a little "what if" moment.
(If you're unfamiliar with MKR, the names won't mean anything to you, but that's not necessary for enjoying this little bit.)
So I ended up envisioning Doug on his motorcycle, tearing through the Forest full of monsters from early in the series. Fuu and Umi are sitting behind him, fending off creatures from right and left, respectively. And Hikaru is perched somehow between the handlebars, handling the critters coming from straight on.
Now, I was envisioning this straight -- a serious scene of danger and the response thereto. Except, suddenly, the Doug part of my mind spoke up and interjected this line of dialogue into what was supposed to be oh-so-dramatic:
"Hikaru, while I am second to none in my appreciation of the teenage female derriere, and while yours is a truly extraordinary example of the species, would you please keep your butt out of my face while I'm driving?"
And that was it for any serious consideration.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Help!!! Oxygen! Oyxgen!"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Ace Dreamer

Ah. (Yes, I Know This Is Obvious.)
A request to "butt out"...
As for a MKR Step, I could really see Doug having to work really, really hard to persuade the maintainer of reality there that there is a better way of solving her problems than the rather... cruel one MKR is based around. Get her to Breakpoint and lock the local reality, and drag her off to some other ones to educate her a bit?
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Quote:
Ah. (Yes, I Know This Is Obvious.)
A request to "butt out"...
As for Step speculation, go ahead, but it's not on my list at all.

-- Bob
---------
Amusing, but I think that substituting "tookus" for "derriere" works better. Nothing makes a joke funnier like Yiddish.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Herr Bad Moon

Me + above scene = unseemly giggling---------------
And Carthage must be destroyed!
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Quote:
Nothing makes a joke funnier like Yiddish.
This is truth.>

-- Bob
---------
Quote:

ANGEL 00, I tell you!
Blessed be.
-n
(And, if I may be so bold as to say so, yow!)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Relax, Nathan. It'll be there. You think I'd miss an opportunity to do something that twisted?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Relax, Nathan. It'll be there. You think I'd miss an opportunity to do something that twisted?
Of course not! I have every faith in you.
I just wanted to torture and confuse those outside the loop, that's all. ^_^
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Which reminds me; I should send that file to Chris so that he's properly in the loop...

-- Bob
---------