Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I Saw A Circus Tonight...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...for the first time in what I guess must be 30 years. Clyde Beatty-Cole Brothers circus, three rings under a geniune canvas big top. Peg and I met up with Kat "Kat" Avins and Joseph "Dwimanor" Avins and their daughter Nina "I'm only three, I don't have a code name yet" Avins. And we all had a great time.
And I got to remembering the old book/Disney flick "Toby Tyler", and all the other stories about kids who run away to join the circus, and realized, there's a Step in there somewhere. Doug would be a natural in a circus.
I don't know when/if this will blossom into a story, but I don't think I'll be letting go of this idea any time soon.
Just wanted to share, that's all.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Just a follow-up. Peg and I were watching the You're Under Arrest! Mini-specials tonight; in the middle of "File 3" is a bit where they confront a particularly dextrous street performer. And I got to thinking that that would be an interesting way for Doug to support himself somewhere, as well...

-- Bob
---------

Ace Dreamer

How about Doug visits "Anime X-over Circus"?
You could get away with this without any hints of transfictionality, if the characters just match their persona from the anime they are from, but don't (necessarily) have the history of that anime.
For example, strong girl A-ko, sharpshooter (and ringmaster?) Ryo from City Hunter, the Tank Police as clowns (in clown tanks), Mink from Dragon Half as an acrobat, Kiki the witch, Simba the white lion, etc.
Just a thought...
[grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
For something that might resemble that idea, check out the teasers for "Girls, Girls, Girls"...

-- Bob
---------