Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Are Videogames ok?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you only accepting plot lines from books and anime series? Would you be ok with sending Doug into a videogame world? I know that most videogames have poor plots or a good plot but with a very short timeline but I know of a couple that have good plot and a long enough timeline till the game ends. Actually, now that I think about it I only know one game, but I'd still like to know if you accept videogame ideas.
I guess I should have put this query in General DW Chatter, huh? oops.
No problem about the placement of this thread; I'll move it in a bit.
As for videogames as Step locations, well, the problem there is that I'm not a console gamer, and not much of a PC gamer. The last "big" game I played a lot was Sierra's Pharaoh. So as a result, I don't know these worlds, and given the medium, it's a lot of time and work to get to know them well. (Especially when compared to a book, manga or anime.) I doubt I'll be able to dedicate that kind of effort to learning an unfamiliar setting.
That doesn't mean you can't suggest it; it just means it's unlikely that I'll take you up on the suggestion. Sorry.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.