Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Idle Curiosity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if anyone's ever written a Harry Potter fic where Harry is a mongoose animagus?

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
I've seen one or two around, actually.
This one has Mongoose!Harry in it, though it's pretty much a background detail at the moment.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
that's a rather random request....
"but why a [mongoose], cousin?" [Image: smile.gif] -Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Kokuten

Because,< gir > I saw a mongoose, it was going like this *snrk snrk snrk* < /gir > Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Well, I was just thinking, Voldemort-snake ... Harry-mongoose...
Which no doubt is the same reasoning behind the story linked above.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
What you want a Crossover with Harry Potter, and Kipling's "Riki Tikki Tavi?"
Their both good at killing snakes a magnitude over their weight class, and surviving.
--
Rikki Tikki Potter?
Kipling/HP? I'd buy *that* for a dollar!
Hiddy-piddy within the wall, Hiddy-piddy without the wall...
Sounds like 2nd year to me!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Interesting, Bob, considering I was thinking the same exact thing about a month ago, and came up with a couple of other things that I plan on working into the HP arc of my epic, if I can ever find the motivation to sit down and write it, that is.
-Parseltongue: from his latent mongoose animagus form. After all, you'd expect a predator to be able to understand it's prey...
-The reason Harry didn't die immediately from the basilisk venom. Mongeese are extremely resistant to serpent venom.
WFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing the dance of the deadFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead

Sirrocco

Seven-tailed mongoose?
or... hmmm....