Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Trying to remember a fic...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone help me with recalling a fic please? I was reading it last year, mostly during the summer, I guess, but I've since lost track of it and I only now remembered how much I was enjoying it.
Harry Potter story. After "Order of the Phoenix" Harry inherits all the Black property, including a large manor house on the coast (in Scotland?), near which is a small cottage which is Sirius' old seventies-style "bachelor pad", and which is warded against wizards seeing it. Harry spends time there, meets a waitress in a local restaurant who turns out to be a famous young classical musician who also also moonlights (against the wishes of her record company) as a rock-n-roller. The waitress also turns out to be Sirius' illegitimate daughter, whom he didn't know existed, and an untrained witch.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
I seem to remember that too... I think I can narrow down your search to fanficauthors.net Can't recall the specific title, but I think it was one of those stories.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
i also seem to remember this fic... but i can't help with hints, sorry....-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Kaze no Ryuu

Found it. Personally, it's not all that great, but...
Full Pensieve's Harry Potter and the Years of Rebellion - Redux. Redux as in being re-written.
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)
Thanks! No update since September, which explains why I haven't read any of it recently, and it's on FFA.net, which explains why I didn't bookmark it individually. I'll try not to forget it this time.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....