Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Things that are hard to find.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These days, it seems like there are a lot of authors whose websites have disappeared, and even with the internet archive, finding things can be difficult.
So, since I spent a lot of time looking for this, I thought I'd share it.
web.archive.org/web/20051...?pageid=11
Here we have the page for "The Virus". Most of these stories I'd managed to find other places, but one I couldn't find (because I couldn't remember the title or author) was "Interpersonal Effects" by Siaru.
(Though it also turns out to be on the author's website here. Wouldn't have found it until after I knew who the author was though...)
-Morgan.
"I'm not a vampire, but I play one on TV."
Anyone know where She-Hulk's fics went? I have a copy of her "BGC Blues", but she had some Buffy stories and other bits that I never got to finish reading...--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

CattyNebulart

Thanks Morganni.
here is another hard to find one:
David Pascals fic page, I recommend you check out the Terrible Swift Sword.
web.archive.org/web/20010...scal/fics/
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

ElectroEagle

Quote:
Anyone know where She-Hulk's fics went?
I have this link as her website.
jesrob.100webspace.net/
It's hard to believe these days, but once there was a time when I wasn't into anime fanfiction. This was mostly due to the fact that I hadn't gotten into watching anime yet. I was, however, into fanfic, and actually got into anime because of a crossover story between a certain series and Sailor Moon.
The name of the series was... Babylon 5.
Between anime becoming easier for me to see more of and Babylon 5 becoming hard for me to see any of, I fell out of that fandom pretty quickly. But some of the tastes I developed in those days stuck, and have continued to stick.
One of these was "self-insert fanfics where the author has fun with it". Admittedly, I hadn't run into the stuff where the author is *depressing* about it yet, but I already knew I liked the having fun part.
Another was for stories involving transfictionality.
I had the great fortune of discovering a set of stories that combined these two things. (Well, it might *not* be a SI, but it makes certain things a bit more conceptually involved if it is, which in this case I consider good...)
The name of *this* series is Infinite Regress.
The only ones I've really focused on are "Infinite Regress 1" and "Infinite Regress 1b: DoubleCross". (Others weren't finished when I originally was watching this, and some are for series I don't know anyway.) Note that the latter is Babylon 5/ST[Image: happy.gif] S9, not Power Rangers or Animorphs.
The writing isn't without it's flaws (which the author is quite open about), but it's fun to read, and there are a lot of interesting ideas involved. (Including a *much* more restrained look at what sort of trouble someone might get into in the world of a series they're a fan of than... well, probably pretty much any other time I've seen it done. '.' )
-Morgan. And the SM crossover I mentioned in the first paragraph? That would be "Sailor Babylon". I'm not sure I'd find it so impressive now... if I knew where to find it. '.'"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
I think I recall reading Sailor Babylon.
I remember a scene where some of the Senshi (in civilian form) are wandering the station and Ami and Minako start to freak when they see a member of that carrion-eating race with the facial tentacles. Seemed that they were having flashbacks to Ctulhu Mythos stories. [Image: glasses.gif]
Plus Susan Ivonava's utter embarassment at having to wear the senshi costume.__________________
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
No. *Much* longer than that.
Quote:
Plus Susan Ivonava's utter embarassment at having to wear the senshi costume.
I think any such crossover that *didn't* have her upset about the costume would have to be rejected as just too out of character.
The only bit I really recall though is that Ivanova's attack was "Astral Nuclear Blast". And that it was incredibly overpowered.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)
Speaking of things that are hard to find, is it just me or does everybody else have trouble viewing files on the gweep.ca archive? I'm kinda getting tired of having to crank open winrar just to read a bloody fanfic.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
You used to be able to read them easily in IE because the internal gzip parser would translate them.
I'm not sure when that stopped working, but it drives me nuts.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
A while back, a person going by the name of "Fhugly" wrote a series of stories about his adventures as a galkan newspaper reporter in the world of Final Fantasy 11.
Alas, not much seems to have been heard from him in a while, and all the sites that had his stories seem to be down. However, like many other things, they can be found at the internet archive...
A lot of things refer to particular events within FFXI, but a lot of the humor should work even if you aren't familiar with the game.
The stories start with the oldest at the bottom of the left column, and work their way up to the newest at the top. Be warned that "DO NOT PANIC!" and above are all part of a story that hasn't been completed... and at this point, who knows when or if it will be. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
---(Not really)