Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: IWATDP snippet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I AM still working on this... but I'm bogged down in my fight scene, since I'm diverging from canon here.
:: DUTY. AMUSEMENT.:: Sahaquiel broadcast.
::Laugh it up, Sundew.:: I sent back and tried to spread Unit Three's AT Field. I was in for a shock.
The field spread, all right. But mine did, too. A tone like a church bell rang across my consciousness, accompanied by a choir of clarions.
"Was zum Teufel?" I heard Asuka exclaim over the comm net.
"Concentrate on the Angel, Asuka," Misato scolded. The redhead responded with an inarticulate growl.
Shinji, in Unit One, arrived underneath Sahaquiel first, his AT field scattering photons in concentric orange hexagons. The Angel's own AT field struck it, producing a sound like waves crashing. Rei arrived as the Angel's body pressed against the junction of AT fields and I arrived soon afterwards. The vibrations of all five AT fields seemed to coalesce into something like a Mahler symphony in my mind. It was unnerving, but beautiful.
Asuka, having had the furthest to travel, arrived last, with her progressive box cutter deployed and ready for combat. She forced it up through the opening and directed it at the central eye. I braced myself and tried to form my AT Field into a parabola to direct the coming blast up and away.
I was shocked to see Asuka's cut extend rapidly at both ends across Sahaquiel's form. A white clawlike protrusion extended from it and the angel seemed to turn itself inside out. I stood dumstruck as it lifted into the air with an Immelman turn, knocking us down with a swipe of a glistening tail, and hovered in full display.
The white monstrosity before us vaguely resembled some of the depictions of Seraphs from medieval angel lore. A long, sinuous body supported six wings and a elongated head that made the Angel look like nothing so much as a dragon. Of course, I recognized the appearance as being that of a "design an Angel" contest winner. Back in my original reality, Gainax had produced art for the winner of Unit One fighting it. Apparently, Sahaquiel wanted to mix things up. I hoped we could handle it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
IHNJ, IJLS "Progressive box cutter". [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Kokuten

IHNJ, IJLS "Laugh it up, $Noun"

very teas-ey. you have any sort of rough ETA on 'moar', as the cool kids say?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
IHNJ, IJLS "IHNJ, IJLS".
Meanwhile, Logan, I can't wait to see whatever work this fits into!

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

WengFook

ooo [Image: happy.gif] more IWATDP... at last [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.

Kokuten

Quote:
IHNJ, IJLS "IHNJ, IJLS".
IAWTC!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979