Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Seeking a fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Vincent Ursus

I'd like to re-read the "Puck Files" (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called). Written by (Darren Steffler, I think) the author of that over-powered self-insertion cross-over fan fic "Twisted Path."
It was a about a highschool student who woke up one morning to discover he was one of a fraction of a percentage of the population who had suddenly developed super powers.
Heres what some poking about got me so far. I seem to remember there beingm ore.
web.archive.org/web/20000.../Puck1.txt
web.archive.org/web/20000.../Puck2.txt

Vincent Ursus

Yeah, I seem to remember there being four chapters.
Thanks though.
Those two are all that I can ever remember seeing.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Their is four chapters I read them once.
You found four? Where? My archives have only one and two, dating from August and October of 1996, respectively.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
I think there were a couple of fragments, like the Twisted Path segments in... um... a return to one or another version of Gundam wth some friends, and some fantasy world, I think.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I do not have the other two chapters the site they were on lost them i just wanted you all to know that chapter 3 and chapter 4 existed.
Quote:
I do not have the other two chapters the site they were on lost them i just wanted you all to know that chapter 3 and chapter 4 existed.
What site were they on? (...in the futile hope that they can be dredged up from one of the archival sites trying vainly to spider the infinite.)
I knew I'd seen these two chapter somewhere besides the sites posted.
This site has a copy of the first two chapters of Puck on the hosted fanfic page.
ashura.anifics.com/
The two chapters are on this webpage.
You will have to scroll down until you find Twistor.
ashura.anifics.com/hf.html
There is a statement about trying to find the other chapters, but now that I've found the page I remember that that statement has been up for a while.
howard melton
God bless
ashura.anifics.com/ is the sight i was talking about.

jcfiala

Ah... just was traipsing through my memories of classic fanfiction when I started tracking down Darren, and came across this thread.
Looking through some very old archives of fanfic that I'd downloaded, I've got a file titled 'Puck 3.txt' that dates from 2000 - it's only 25 kb as opposed to the 192 kb that I've got in Puck 2, but I could probably mail it to folks who would like to see it.
Oh, hell yes. ^.^
--Sam
"This is graveness."
I'd like a look at that please
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Gimme!
Likewise... and welcome to the forums!

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hey, jcfiala, welcome to the forums!
I know I had at one time all the extant parts of "Puck" somewhere, but in the decade or so since I collected them, I've lost track of exactly where. It really was one of the more interesting takes on a "supers" world out there.
I wouldn't mind taking a look at that chapter 3 if you'd care to throw it my way.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
I, too, would be desirous of obtaining that particular fragment of prosody. PM here is fine...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

jcfiala

Right! Well, apparently I need to figure out a place to stick the file tonight, and give you all a link to it.
I used to archive a *lot* of different fanfic on a drive, and I've been pretty good at keeping track of it all. I've been to this forum before, just not recently, and it's nice to meet you all.
If anyone's got web space and wants to volunteer to host the file, I'd be happy to send it to them as well.

Kokuten

yo.
matter of fact, if you have CD burning capability, I can host the lot of it.
email is board handle at tertiary.netWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Yeah, yeah, I forgot.

http://www.geocities.com/jcfiala/Puck3.txt

Yeah, I know. Geocities. But it was time to get this published, right? I've also put up Puck1.txt and Puck2.txt, just to be complete about it.

Share and enjoy.
Thanks!

I've pulled back all three chapters, just in case...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Ah, I take it none of you bothered to check that puck3? It certainly doesn't look like a continuation of the earlier 2.
It is not.
There was once a fic based on the premise that Xander and Buffy had earned a Reward... so a reward daemon read the mind of "the slayer" to find out
what she wanted most... problem is, there are 2 slayers... so both buffy and faith ended up being (essentially) xander's sex slaves... it was quite well
written, but now I can't find it on ff.net or tth... I think the author was Mhalachai?

Does anybody know what I'm talking about or know where it is?

thanks.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Pages: 1 2