Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A Little Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment, I'm working on a Naruto fanfic (and posting it as I write it in Hawk's The Fanfiction Forum, and yes, the article is part of the forum's name). Genre-wise, it's what someone there called a "stealth crack-fic", in that the set-up makes the results pretty much inevitable, everything is logically developed, and the characters are fully fleshed out... but that doesn't make any of it any less absurd (to give you some idea here, at the current point of the story, Naruto is the recognised heir to Sailor Saturn and blushing whenever he looks at Hinata because of a four-hour "Talk" that involved an illustrated copy of the kama sutra, Sasuke is in the hospital after a prozac overdose caused him to activate the Deus Ex Machingan -- and no, I don't mean the Sharingan -- and Sakura is debating whether or not becoming Naruto's sex-slave would make up for how she treated him in the academy... but, then again, I haven't really started on her yet).
The problem is that I need a bit of help in the form of someone to bounce ideas off of and to help me go over and continuity-check and proofread the thing; a beta, basically. Anyone want to volunteer?-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
I can't really do much for a continuity check, but I can proofread. I've been a professional proofreader for a decade (but only for a major publisher of free coupon booklets) and have Bachelor degrees in English Literature and Communications.
If you want to contact me you can reach me at:
essex at cfl dot rr dot com
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
It's not so much continuity with canon that I need checked, but, rather, internal continuity. I basically need to make sure that nothing I wrote contradicts other things I wrote (or my plans or backstory).-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
I should be able to handle issues of internal continuity. Write to my e-mail address if you'd like me to proofread and we can work out how you'd like the proofreading done (ie. should I simply make any corrrections myself or should I point out errors via notes within the text and leave it to you to determine how to go about making the corrections).
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
I've sent you the current text file. There are a *LOT* of planned future revelations, however, and the story is told in the first-person perspective from the POV of someone who doesn't know the whole backstory...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.