Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Random Plotbunny of the Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the Ain't It Cool News review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes this casting note:
Quote:
(...) I think the producers were inspired finding this non-actress. Its almost like they literally held open Rowlings book and shook it until Luna Lovegood, in the flesh, fell out and asked to be called Evanna Lynch.
...sounds like as good a plot as any. HP ficcers, I leave this bunny in your capable hands.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Kokuten

[Image: Tonks_Cosplay.jpg]

I have to agree - Luna's alright, but gimme Tonks anyday.
picture is an unknown Tonks cosplayer.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
That's the thing, Tonks [and to a similar degree, Mystique from X-Men] is one of the easiest characters to cosplay. As long as you make a token effort at all, you've got it in the bag. That's the great thing about shapeshifters.
Well, there's also the "one-woman harem" concept. I mean monogamy with the ability to "spice it up" without cheating on her. That leads to its own problems, though, if the goof dating her is too entranced by her metamorphic ability...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
There is one fic somewhere in which she tells Harry about a jerk who cheated on her -- so she turned into his mother while they were having sex.
Anyway, we're getting off the original idea here, so let me restate it:
What if Evanna Lynch really is a dimension-crossing Luna Lovegood?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

Kokuten

Quote:
What if Evanna Lynch really is a dimension-crossing Luna Lovegood?
It hangs together. Reviews say that Evanna turns in a 'lower-key, more in control version of Luna', and really..
I just see that if Luna started dimension hopping, she'd be in total control of where she went, just.. not too concerned about it.
Luna Lovegood as an interdimensional super spy!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979