Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tenchi Muyo... What are the good fics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been on a Tenchi Muyo kick recently, but aside from the excellent works of Jeff L. Harris and Jeff Morris
www.tmffa.com/member.html?id=164
www.tmffa.com/member.html?id=524
I've been having rather poor luck at finding anything engrossing to read, and given the success of my previous Sailor Moon fic search, and given the the huge variety of experience and depth of knowledge of the subject of fanfiction here, I was hoping for some more suggestions? What in your opinion are the best Tenchi stories out there?

Sirrocco

It's really pretty old, and also lemon, and also unfinished but Aiken Muyo is really quite good. It is also really quite long. A websearch is probably the best way to find it - I haven't found any servers that carry it that I really trust long-term.
The Cookie Sage, by BGlanders. There is no better Tenchi Muyo fanfic anywhere, and there never will be.
But if you like Ryo-ohki shortfics, there's a few good ones by June "Kara-ohki" Geraci: The Intruder, The Accidental Buffet, Fall Classic, and Sasami's Problem.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Archive.org has a copy of Aikan Muyo stashed away here.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
In Vino Veritas
Bishonen Muyo: Ken-Ohki! by Keener (A hilarious but incomplete reversed-gender take on the series. Links to chapters 1 and 2 at the bottom of this page)
Running Scared

-- Bob
---------
If you like Mihoshi, you will probably enjoy DB Sommer's "Vacation Days"
NN
TMFFA actually has a copy of Aikan Muyo too... You just have to go into the "Old TMFFA site" section, and look under lemons.
That story is probably one of my earliest memories of a fanfic making me want to set someone on fire... Wink
Hmmm. I never really read very many TM fanfics, despite it being one of the first few anime series I got into. '.' I seem to remember reading a number of lemons, but most of them must not have been very good, or I'd remember them. (Though Union is pretty amusing, as long as you don't mind a story that *is* mostly pointless sex... ^_~ )
-Morgan. Or kick someone over a cliff, a lot of fanfics do that too...
"Mihoshi can't find her underwear."
Quote:
If you like Mihoshi, you will probably enjoy DB Sommer's "Vacation Days"
Ooh, yes, I remember that one! Pretty good as I recall.
There's another -- I can't remember the name or author dammit -- in which the Galaxy Police turns out to be horribly corrupt and is dissolved after a no-confidence vote from the various galactic civilizations it serves, and Mihoshi turns out to have been drugging herself into idiocy because of the strain of protecting an innocent -- Kiyone -- from the worst of the GP's criminal excesses. And their ship "just happens" to be holding a vast amount of GP loot, including a lot of stuff the Juraians are very interested in.
It was good enough that I kept a local copy for frequent re-reading. But I lost my file copy of it in my last hard drive crash, and I can't remember enough specific phrases from it to search via Google. Can anyone identify it?

-- Bob
---------
Yeah, I have one like that as well. It's one a read a lot years ago, I THINK on the old TMFFA, where it was just this sweet one shot where Ryoko's bored one morning, so she and Tenchi, very much a couple spend a rainy day walking around the town together, and being very sweet and close. At one point, Nobuyuki gives her Achika's old raincoat to wear, and Grandpa remarks about how she's practically a member of the family. At the start she accidentally flashes grandpa and Nobuyuki when she and Tenchi are fooling around (Yes, they're so much a couple that Tenchi is confident doing this without going stratospheric.) They ride the bus at one point, and Ryoko does a little graffiti on a seat or something. I think he buys her an expensive dress or something and she remarks how he's going to get very rewarded for it. I can't remember If the other girls appeared, I think Sasami got a mention.
Whilst from this it doesn't sound like a particularly enthralling epic, It was just one of those sweet brief sappy things that stay with you and you remember. It's been driving me mad trying to remember the name or enough about it to search for it properly. Any ideas? There shall be a cookie for those who find it!
Okay, some more:
D.F. Roeder's Heart's Healing is a crossover with a very alternate Ranma 1/2 -- and is very good, though incomplete. Find it at the bottom of Roeder's fic page.
Jeff Morris' Cherry Blossoms -- Kagato left a deadman switch in Ryoko so she wouldn't survive him by long. Seems like a darkfic, but it isn't.
Oh, and I found that "corrupt GP/Mihoshi protecting Kiyone" fic -- Adrian Tymes' Parting a Cloudy Future. It's really worth a look.

-- Bob
---------