Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Avatar - the last Airbender.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone recommend any decent Avatar fanfics? I don't feel inclined to wade through endless piles of Zuko - Kitara romances to try and find something decent myself.

Elsa Bibat

Problem with that is majority of Avatar fanfic is slated towards shipping - or Zuko. lol
Anyway, check out the livejournal communities for Avatar fanfic - majority of good Avatar fanfic goes there and not any of the normal fanfic sites.

Elsa Bibat

As an additional pointer, here's a link to Retad's very good livejournal fanfic site. "Passages" is a bit dated canon-wise but still cool - also check her friend's list for other good writers. Livejournal is very good at connecting people with very good taste in reading and writing.
retad.livejournal.com/

Fox

The Sh33p - www.fanfiction.net/u/140034/
He's written 2 very good stories for this fandom:
www.fanfiction.net/s/3071063/1/And Goodbye[/url]
Summery: Born with a cool breeze, grown and forged in fire and war, a message on a blade will be his legacy.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3003837/1/Cycling Through[/url]
Summery: On Aang, the Fire Nation's royal family, the Air Nomads and the unending cycles of history.
He also writes for Naruto and Bleach.
Hey, Fox, welcome to the forums!
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow

AbyssalDaemon

Here are two that I like:
Mousecat by Heligoland: www.fanfiction.net/s/3329490/1/
(Summary): The war is done. Aang and Azula have a conversation fraught with logic in a markedly unpleasant dungeon. Chi gets gunked the hell up. And, not to spoil anything, but the mouse gets away.
Rhythms by xcgirl08: www.fanfiction.net/s/3437981/1/
(Summary): For now, though, her child's heartbeat was hers to contemplate. Future fic, oneshot with flavors of Taang.
[Image: eyes.gif]
Dwarven Vow #16: You can do anything if you try! We're dead anyway if we fail.
-Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Fox

Thanks, Mr. S.

A117

I do remember an Avatar- The Last Airbender fanfic on Mediaminer. It's a Ranma/Avatar crossover though.

Elizabeth McCoy

http://noselfcontrol.deviantart.com/

In particular: http://noselfcontrol.deviantart.com/gal ... e-AU-Comic

Start at the highest-number page, due to the way "most recent" shows up first there.

The premise: Zhao survives his experience with the water spirit, but loses his memory. The Water Tribe finds him and takes him in. Eventually, he is told that
he's a Fire Nation man and has been all along, and -- because Mr. No Self Control's personality is pretty much intact -- he runs off to try to find the
glory that should rightfully be his. To be blurby about it, it's an ongoing tale of a secondary character's second chance, and the ways he grows (and
doesn't grow, the twit) along the way. It's not finished yet.

The art is done by "rufftoon" -- whose real name I will mangle if I try to spell it -- who also did storyboard work on the Avatar third season.
--I have no idea why .theoldpath.yuku.com is attached to the end of my name. And we're pink, too...
Well, heya Beth, welcome to my forums finally! What finally brought you around?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.