Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A completely different resource for world building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sirrocco

mu.ranter.net/theory/index.html

It's got some inaccuracies around a few of the edges, but it's still a worthwhile place to go for thinking about fantasy world cultural design, and interesting in its own right.
I took a quick look, and that does indeed look interesting, although the section on magic seems to be nonsensical crazed ranting.--
Comb your hair, damn anime hippies.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

CattyNebulart

Read over some of it and his 'solutions' regarding the justice system and such are quite bad from a gameplay standpoint.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Sirrocco

Actually, mostly I'd been looking at his look at food basis and weapons. I should have specified, I suppose. The bit about weapons needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but is a decent jumping-off point. My guess is that the bit about food basis is the same, with the advantage that most people don't think about it at all (and so "mostly right" gets a lot better by comparison).