Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(Because I can't find the original thread.)
Invader Moon
(Peggy and I agree that Zim in a fuku is definitely worse than Usagi bellowing, "Obey the fist!", but not by much. Peggy also thinks that (Usagi acting like Zim) = Excel, but I'm not sure I agree.)
(Edited to fix stupid 1-in-the-morning markup errors)
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Hmm... I can actually picture Usagi imagining herself as an Evil Overlady, cackling over the globe as if it's her very own 41-Flavor Sundae Super Grande, spoon clenched in her iron fist, a bit of drool escaping one corner of her manic grin, than snapping to and ordering Mamoru to get her a 41-flavor Sundae Super Grande, and when he hesitates, bellowing "OBEY THE FIST!"
After all, who really needs world domination if you already have a 41-flavor Sundae Super Grande, and don't have to bother with all the paperwork?
- CD just may put that in a .sigSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Sanity.sys corrupted or not found.
A)bort, R)etry, or H)alucinate? >"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
You want a mind warping concept, try combining Poni Poni Dash and Negima... and then send the kids from Azumanga and Kodomo no Omocha to that school. With Suzumiya. And possily Eiko, Biiko, and Shiiko.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Invader Lum.
Ataru Moroboshi is the only person in Nerima who knows that the Oni are still actively trying to conquer Earth, and no one believes him... Smile
--Sam
"Don't you understand yet that I don't think about the consequences of my actions?!"
Oh, now that's a cool idea. Especially if everything else about Ataru remains unchanged...
And you turn Shinobu into Gaz...
-- Bob
---------
And Ten into Gir!
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
"Darling, obey the fist!"
ZZZZZZAARRRRK!

-- Bob
---------

Custos Sophiae

Somewhere on my hard drive, I've got a sketch of a Mary Poppins/Cthulhu Mythos crossover, culminating in a head-on clash between Nyarlothetep and Mary in the dreamland. I may flesh it out one day, when the stars are right.
There's no crossover so bizarre no one will attempt it, and sufficient skill can make any crossover great, but I'm not reading Invader Moon until some kindly volunteer has reported on its sanity-blasting capabilities.
FLCL and Dragonball Z, with plot provided by _Lain_, and a dash of Goldenboy. Season with Ranma crossovers to taste.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Um, is this a bad time to mention that one of my standing projects is titled "Furi-Z Kuri-Z, or, Freezy Crazy?"
--
With power levels like those, those must be some incredibly *strange* things coming out of people's heads!
It's okay. We can handle it. Just don't add any _Excel Saga_, 'cause even Rikudo Koshi wouldn't authorize *that* mutha of a screwed-up fic.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

I've been writing a bit.
Ano...
Eto...
Is it okay if it's just puchuus?
- CD
ETA: I kind of have Jungle was Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu in there too... But, but! It's set post FLCL but pre DBZ, even before Vegiitasei was destroyed, so it's not so bad for power! Not at first anyway... there's kind of Atomsk energy left over in Naota and stuff... and there are planet pirates in both settings, that's the point of contact... so that's why "Freezy" is in the title...SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Aria: Zeiram the Animation
(Or would that just be an incredibly-laid-back version of Armitage III?)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The room was dim, lit mainly by indicator lights and the brilliant blue disk of the planet outside the viewport, which a giant, flat-iron-like auto-harvester was just setting out for. A small, but ornate hover-throne faced it, away from the vaguely humanoid creature that had been summoned by the throne's occupant. A long, smooth-skinned tail shifted restlessly around the rim of the lush cushins as that occupant spoke. "The autofactory sent to planet 215 was damaged somehow, and the egent sent to investigate has also vanished," it said, in a serpentine whisper, before letting out a bark of sarcastic laughter. "Trust a monkey to get killed by natives who barely had a power level of 1000 as an entire population!"
The throne spun slowly at a touch of an unseen control, planetlight glinting ominously off the child-like being's small, black horns and cruel smile. You will take your cruiser, and a technical support transport. Fix the factory, and if the monkey is still there... kill her!"
"PUUCHUU!" his subordinate cried, saluting, before hurrying about his task. A handheld communicator was out and activated before it even reached the hatch to get preparations started for dearture. "Puu! Pupuuchuu, chu pu!"
Turning back to his new world, the feared planet-merchant Freeza chuckled darkly over the infinite ineptness of saiyajin, male and female both, even compared to his weakest servants.
- CD
ETA: (and shouldn't this thread be in Fanfic anyway?)
ETA2: While we're at it, how about the so-called Darkworld RPG, which is little more than a big collection of anime material written up for the (ahem) Flagedium game system, with a minimum of connective tissue? Talk about crossovers that shouldn't be! I'm not sure if everything in this file is on that page, or vice versa, but neither do I want to take that long to look... Thoguh I'll admit, "Hand to hand: Ultraviolent" was good for a larkSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Better than a Big O/Eva Redeath crossover any day of the week!Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:
the so-called Darkworld RPG,
Oh yeah, Tony Figueroa's altered Rifts setting! Cosmo-Saints and so forth... I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the link!
--Sam
"An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"
Quote:
ETA: (and shouldn't this thread be in Fanfic anyway?)
Yeah, probably. Let me go wave my magic admin wand at it and see if it moves.
ETA: Well, wow. It moved.
-- Bob
---------
Selina Kyle as Sailor Moon...
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Well, she'd probably pay more attention to Luna...
Or maybe not. Luna acts more like a dog than a cat...
-- Bob
---------
Tuxedo Koumori: I don't think those jewels belong to you, Sailor Mooncat.
Selena (in a purple leather seifuku, running a finger around the rose in his lapel): I do have to check if they're the Ginzouishou after all, detective.
--

Necratoid

First off... including Lain in anything is grounds for that series being just plain wrong. Besides making me glad Apple didn't become the dominant operating system, as having people erase my brain over the phone and psychois chip/drugs aren't around... I littlerally took mental damage that made me unable to focus on things for days and concentrate of TV or weeks. Its up there with reading the proloug to 'The God Emporer of Dune' (this took 2 weeks of forcing myself to read it and passing out to avoid doing so) and have my reading speed droped to 10 pages and hour untill I spent months forcing myself to read faster.
Hyatt: The Vampire Slayer, Only Giles never sees her keel over at random (compitent enough in combat... vampires drinking her blood drop dead and dust for no real reason) and the counsil never believes Giles that she keeps dropping dead (her freinds shrug it off, Giles gives up and tries to ignore it as halucinations). So there end up being a swarm of active Slayers all over the place and its not until a few seasons in that they start finding all the random Slayers. Which have integrated themselves into random spots in society. This all goes on in the background...
Though you could probably save it with something like... The only one the counsil knows about is Excel, spawned from the master incident. Manga Excel than anime, meaning that no one bothered to tell her this wasn't part of her job and she was told to keep reporting 'No, matter what happens'. She was working as an intern somewhere on a live TV show and got attacked by vampires when the powers kicked in... the results of her doing the reporting with a mostly straight face while killing the vamps live became a classicly messed up live broadcast. Bloopers gone totally wrong. Excel kept reporting on her original story and offed the vamps... while doing her best to ignore the attack at keep the reporting going. The surrealness makes people think this was all a publicity stunt and they keep her on a more permenent basis. After this happens a dozen or more time (the dog show was classic and one of the owners she saved gave her a prize dog puppy as a gift) she gets promoted and ends up in Sunnydale reporting on something or other that turns into a typical battle report... and ends up getting assigned there for ratings. The networks thinks she sets these things up on her own... so no one bothers to tell Excel about these not actually being part of her job. Excel is honestly not aware she is a Slayer and that hoards she has killed off aren't part of a typical reporting job and part of the show. Her crew is just jaded or too stupid to think about it.
So... Ilpallazo would be the studio anchorman, then? I suppose Kabapu would either be the Deputy Mayor or someone from the Watcher's Council, and his Excel Saga team either stand in for some of the Scoobies or they're Excel's support crew. (van driver, on-site mixing board guy/editor, cameramen, boom microphone guy, lights guy, things like that)
It could work, I think. I never saw Lain, but am given to understand it's of the brown acid.
- CD
ETA: I'd added these in Shock! before, but they really belong here:
Notice: I, notarealauthor, hereby announce my intention to make Excel Saga into an action packed ninja anime fanfiction!

Title: Anko Saga
Summary: On the day she graduated the Academy, hyperactive kunoichi Mitarashi Anko nearly died... but she managed to pass her sensei's genin exam, to become the sole student and devoted subordinate of Ilpallazo Orochimaru. On that day, she lft her old name and her old clan behind. Now witness their covert struggle to displace the corrupt, weak-minded leadership of Konoha and initiate a rule of logical ideals!

Title: Experimental Crack Naruto Fanfiction
Summary: Haruno Excel was overjoyed to learn that her new jonin sensei would be the famous Cat-Eyes Ilpallazo. Less welcome news was that she'd have her annoying fanboy Naruto along... Hyuuga Hyatt? Who's she? As long as she leaves Ilpallazo-sensei alone, who cares?

"Once upon a time, there were three little girls ... A troublemaker, an avenger, and a dutiful student ... Naruko, Sasuko, and Sakura. They work for me now... I'm Kakashi."

KAKASHI'S ANGELS

ETA2: And a new one!
"Once, the Jedi Kinghts served as roving problem-solvers, mediating disputes and tracking down criminals too tough for the ordinary planetary authories. In the New Republic, the Jedi are rebuilding, but still not up to that task... that's where we come in. We're the Worlds Welfare Work Assosciation, and our Trouble Consultant teams are ready to help YOU!" SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
After a long, painful separation from his old company, Mishima Heavy Industries, Dr. Natsume is left almost penniless. Worse yet, they stole his 'baby': the plans for a mobile humanoid personal computer system. Now called 'Persocoms', Natsume's brainchilds are being sold across the world, and have sparked drastic social and economic changes wherever they go.
The only problem is that the good Doctor never completed them.
He had originally envisioned persocoms as incredible computers, perfect secretaries, and, most importantly (in his estimation), totally loyal companions: friends, lovers, and confidantes, who would use their superhuman abilities to protect the interests of their owners of their own free will. Nobody had figured out how to make a persocom with any sort of free will or emotions- the best that were ever created were the legendary 'Chobits'; persocoms who could experience a dim, alien echo of the feeling humans called 'love'.
Despite lacking both the computing power to model his theories, and the laboratory in which to implement them, Dr. Natsume never gave up on his dream of creating perfect companions for humankind. He eventually worked out a few ideas by hand, and used them to apply for a research grant. One company was impressed enough with his work to fund him, letting him work on the problem.
All of his efforts were for naught- no matter what he tried, he could not create a self-motivated, emotional persocom. One day, though, he saw a cat run over in the street. As he sadly contemplated the feline's painful, imminent death, inspiration came to him in a flash. We all know what he created- Atsuko 'Nuku Nuku' Natsume (in this case, a persocom with the brain of a cat integrated into its systems).
The company that gave him the grant was owned by an old and powerful family called Sohma. They eventually wanted to see the results of their investment, so Dr. Natsume took Nuku Nuku (who he'd spent almost all their money to create, maintain, and improve) to the Sohma mansion, to present her to the company's owners. The clan was... less than impressed with her performance (Atsuko-chan's not the brightest plate in the treehouse, after all), and revoked their funding. As an aside, they demanded that the Dr. return as much as their grant, in money or purchases, to them as possible- including Atsuko. He'd registered her as his daughter, so the only way he could comply was by allowing Atsuko to be adopted into the Sohma clan. As the adoption was finished, Nuku Nuku ran over to give her creator a last embrace... and turned into a (very surprised) cat...
(A Fruba/Nuku Nuku/Chobits cross- the sheer comedy and sweetness value makes my teeth hurt, just by *thinking* about it.
The worst part is that, as best as I can see, it actually makes sense...)Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

I've been writing a bit.
Masked Mexican wrestler who sings intellectual punk songs admired by Gryphon:
Strong Bad Religion
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20