Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Rabbit's eggs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
two for BtVS:
post-Chosen, the Scoobs set out to find the new Slayers and set up their own version of aWatchers' Council - but in BtVSland, one ofthe fundamental truths is that any formal organisation WILL become corrupt, probably sooner than later. Who and how, and what's to be done?
Lots of authors off Spike, but who'll fill his destiny? How about VampyWillow?SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I recently read a fic that points out the new Watcher's Council doesn't have to be corrupt to have problems.
The Slayers are police, and they are desperately needed in their world, but they are secret police. They don't hold trials, they don't have due process, and the punishment is usually captital punishment when they are involved. They see anything supernatural or "wiggy" as coming under their jursidiction and they aren't acountable to anyone outside the organization.
Thus, any supernatural types who aren't evil are still likely to live in fear of the new Watcher Council, just as a lot of Third-World people live in fear of the local Thug-in-Chief's Death Squads.
And that's before any sort of corruption sets in. The only things limiting any New Watcher Council is the judgement of the Scoobs, and how much of their time and resources are tied up in major problems. The Scoobs are not infallible in their judgement, and once they are gone or distracted, there are all sorts of ways for corruption to set in.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.