Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tiny Naruto notion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Introductions finished, the jounin looked at each of them for a moment, then smirked. "While it's true that you have all passed theAcademy exam, there are other important skills for a ninja team that go beyond just that. Therefore, it is the duty of each jounin to administer another test to determine whether a rookie team will train under him or her."
"WHAAAT!?" Birds scattered from nearby trees in distress, and a few seconds later, an echo of the cry came back form the Hokage monument.
"Another test? Fine! I'll ace this too, and you'll see I'm the best ninja ever!" (the brash one) boasted, crossing (pronoun) arms and nodding descisively. "So, what's this test, huh?"
(sensei)'s smirk turned into a rather less than reassuring smile. "Ah, you see, that is the test. The three of you have twenty four hours to determine its nature and pass, or... you'll go back to the academy."
"WHAAAAAAT!!" If anything, the second time was louder. Even (the quiet one) dropped the kunai (pronoun) had been fiddling with, but didn't quite gape.
(sensei) just nodded in a (characteristic) way. "Don't worry so much if you can't pass, you won't be alone because no more than a third of the class will succeed. Your time starts.... NOW!" With a swirl of leaves and a thin puff of smoke, the jounin was gone, leaving three dumbfounded genin to trade incredulous looks and complain about how unfair it was.
=============
The test, of course, is for the three students to work together trying to get the information, and despite the heavy hand with the hints to that effect in the instructions they'll most likely not succeed without another chance.
Actually, this seems like a very Ibiki thing to do - maybe that's how the Ino-Shika-Cho team in TGNH got handled? Nathan?
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows