Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Anime-opener dream fragment - Tatsu no Kanshin & others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yay muse!
Shoes... I usually end up giving everyone either hiking/sport boots or canvas All Stars, so don't look at me.
Quote:
Ken and Miyou are obvious enough - the greatcoat and her 'formal ninja' gear - but I'm not quite sure how to dress Maeve and Keiu, and, while I've got a -concept-, I'm also wondering about the details for Tsuchi's.
I thought you were going to put Meave in a fencer's outfit for her poster image - alternately, a teacherly power suit, possibly stretched tight by a slight transformation bulk-up to have her in nekomimi mode. Keiu has at least some of the same wardrobe issues as Kennan, though helped some by being a more reasonable size and build - I see her in similarly basic clothes when out of uniform, but favoring lights and pastels overall, with a bright scarf, belt, hat, jacket, and/or bag. And a motor-scooter with a rack on the back big enough to hold her sketchbook.
Tsuchi - I assume you're going for casual clothes? - well, I mentioned the fighting game character I kind of assosciated with her, whose outfit is a white tee under a jean vest, maroon sport-shorts, and red sneakers, but since Tsuchi has black-with-with-violet-highlights hair instead of red and a deep tan, her outfit colors would probably need adjusting some. She probably says she dresses for comfort, but she also dresses to show off her fit physique - she certainly works hard enough to keep it to be justifiably proud of her body, and it's not like she can't handle anyone who doesn't understand 'look but don't touch.' Certainly, shed be sure to only wear things that won't restrict her mobility, and her uniform skirt probably has been modified with extra-deep pleats to let her kick without tearing it.
RE Burn Down Kick and Shinkansen Slam - sounds good! I just pulled some random names out of my ... ear, you realise? I especially like the dust trails for the Slam, and think that one of the fight scenes sould include her hitting a minion into a cliff or building, which then collapses on them to finish the fight. All hail the mighty Falling Rocks! And don't forget the shockwave ring from her palm as it hits. Actually, that's a great teamwork move, too - stun the opponent and slide them to a partner who's ready to hit from the other side for extra impact and/or juggle them back to be hit again. Knocking Ravanna's foot out from under him in the finale also springs to mind.
Even if Miyou's ninjutsu is going to be direct rips of Naruto moves, they also should have unique names, at least... and can we do without adding 'no jutsu' to everything, please? As for the spell that lets the mage sprout wings, that's more Slayers/High Fantasy style, for all that anyone who understands energy manipulation can work it with a bit of practise... it needs three or four non-seal-type hand motions and a short incantation. How about "Most ancient dream, the cold high winds - Wings of Daedalos, take flight!"

- CD I WANNA ROCK! (ROCK!) I want... to... rock! (ROCK!)
Sorry, it just came up on the playlist, and grabbed my train of thought.

ETA: edited again to move it to the current pageThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Shoes... I usually end up giving everyone ... canvas All Stars, so don't look at me.
Tsuchi's got those anyway. ^_^
Quote:
I thought you were going to put Meave in a fencer's outfit for her poster image - alternately, a teacherly power suit, possibly stretched tight by a slight transformation bulk-up to have her in nekomimi mode.
Oooh. *growchangefuzz* I like that.
Quote:
She probably says she dresses for comfort, but she also dresses to show off her fit physique - she certainly works hard enough to keep it to be justifiably proud of her body, and it's not like she can't handle anyone who doesn't understand 'look but don't touch.'
*nodnod* I bet. Actually, the way I'm seeing her build is... I guess you could call it 'short, fit, and solid'. Miyou's a lot stronger (and, hence, denser) than she looks, but Tsuchi's still eight inches shorter - and only about ten pounds lighter. Not 'bodybuilder', really, or 'chubby', but perilously close to both - and dressing to show off, at that height and that build, is probably the only way to keep people from thinking worse of her looks than they should.
The 'civilian' look I'd been thinking of for her had been a sort of army-surplus thing... Because it's durable and easy to move in, but also (if you'll recall my ideas about her family background) because army surplus is -cheap-. Camo green probably isn't actually her color, but I don't think it'd be an active no-no, either.
Does Japan even -have- army surplus stores?
And you're right about the skirt, although I didn't do a very good job of showing it.
Quote:
RE Burn Down Kick and Shinkansen Slam - sounds good! I just pulled some random names out of my ... ear, you realise?
It was sort of obvious. ^_^ But I think they sound good, and I like the images, so...
Quote:
Knocking Ravanna's foot out from under him in the finale also springs to mind.
I have this image of her as a DOA character, fighting on Helena's stage, and blasting her opponent through the railing so hard they miss the first two levels on their way down...
Quote:
Even if Miyou's ninjutsu is going to be direct rips of Naruto moves, they also should have unique names, at least... and can we do without adding 'no jutsu' to everything, please?
I imagine that she does have these distinctive techniques, destructive, powerful ones... but she's a ninja, not a samurai. Flashy isn't in, ne? I can see her using the 'basic three' - well, maybe her version of the one is closer to kagebunshin - and things like the wall-walking and superjumps and that one cloaking jutsu that we saw Kabuto use, but overall... no.
That's not to say that she couldn't be as effective, but her version would go more like -
Guard: Huh? Hey, where'd she-*gurgles and falls over clutching at the flood of blood coming out of his throat*
Miyou: *wipes off dagger*
or
Offscreen: *clatter*
Other Guard: Eh? Hey, whats-! Hm. *walks over and opens the random duffle bag lying on the floor* Oh sh-
120 lbs. of C4: *boom*
Building: *collapse*
Overall - she's going to be more the type for what's fast, efficient, and -sneaky-... With plentiferous ass-kicking and miko-style banishing techniques as a reserve for when that fails.
Quote:
"Most ancient dream, the cold high winds - Wings of Daedalos, take flight!"
w00t!
And now for something completely random...
By combining data found here with the calculator found here, I'd guess that Tatsu-Kennan can run at about sixty miles per hour. Which might not be much on a highway, but he doesn't need anything of the sort, does he? (Also, besides helping me get Ken's relative size right, this page suggests that he weighs on the order of three-to-five tons.)
An adult Stone dragon, for comparison, tops out around somewhere in the lower seventies, and even a Plumed dragon like Keiu (who are traditionally the most flight-oriented of the dragons) can manage forty or so.
Sorry, though, I have -no- clue how to handle simulating an Antler dragon. An otter of some type might be the closest thing, but I don't know where to start looking for the proportional data for them.
Speaking of whom, it's always bothered me that the other types were all these powerful, agressive flyers and the Antlers didn't even have wings. It makes sense mythologically, of course, but not evolutionarily, if that makes sense. (speaking of which, these critters are looking more and more like four closely related but naturally seperate species)
My proposal is simple - they're sea serpents. Sort of somewhere between an otter, a crocodile, a moasaur, and any of these. Since there are a number of deep swimming birds that still retain their powers of flight - Cormorants, puffins, some ducks - I don't see any problem with an entirely aquatic species developing from an avian one.
Hm. That's all that comes to mind.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
I sense much w00t here. Then again, since it grew out of one of my more coherent dreams to begin with... (Grins in a faintly disturbed/disturbnig manner)
As for the Antlers - I figured they deliberately changed themselves from extremist memebrs of the Plume clan with the majority of magic-user Stone subfamilies mixed in, into a new phenotype that focussed even harder on magic. That's why they have to implant an enchanted pearl t regain the power of flight, and their first and second limb pairs have tool-user hands, even the third set being like the more dextrous sort of paw, like on a raccoon or some lizards. It took place a few hundred thousand years ago, and daconic civilization has fallen and rizen again since then, so they're as established as any of the other clans. Hence their still being biologically compatible to a degree, but requiring additional magic over the unhatched egg to give the offspring either a wing-flier or serpentine body type instead of being stuck in between with niether useable wings nor second limb-pair. That's not to say they aren't behind the legends of sea serpents, Jormundgandr, or giant Amazonian pythons, of course. Also, since they don't have to worry about the mechanics of hovering since they fly entirely by magical means, an Antler dragon rarely walks ANYWHERE, let alone running. Their pearl wrks in human form, too, so the only reason they have to use pedal locomotion is to pass in human society - in an emergency, up up and away. Walking is also rough on their humanlike, (relatively) delicate foreleg and midleg hands.
- CD
ETA: I broke up the series synopsis page by episodes-per-DVD - it ends up with six, the first four having four es each and the others five, while optimally the first disc would be one of the ones with five eps the better to draw in the audience, but it micely puts the two-part Gosai Clan episode at the end of disc 3, and both the hot springs and beach episodes as the first one on their disc. To make it up, the first four could use the extra space for production art, music videos, and commentary tracks, I suppose, and/or previews for other ... Studio Stagger? Since it grew out of the Drunkard's Walk board, here (Alternately, we could go with my ususal, Bewilderbeast Studios) ... productions. (cough cough)

ETA2: On Kennan's jacket - unless you've already got the Union coat to an advanced stage, why not a Confederate captain's coat (in grey with french blue trim) and matching cape - they're sold as seperate items, but overall much the same, with an even more interesting look than the black-on-blue of the Union uniforms, espescially with the regulation red sash. (Even IRL, the 'bad guys' get the cooler uniforms... it's just not fair!)
coat cape sashThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Quote:
Walking is also rough on their humanlike, (relatively) delicate foreleg and midleg hands.
Actually, the fact that they have them at all is probably a divergence in itself. Aside from the fact that they have to be capable of taking all that weight (as mentioned, up to about three and a half tons) at full gallop and/or a rough landing, dragon feet are also weapons and manipulative tools. Overall, they're probably actually better designed than human hands, with three forward-facing 'fingers' and two rotatable 'thumbs'. They don't quite have hooves, but the 'palm' of the 'hand' has some particularly heavy, rough, well-attached scales that serve essentially the same purpose - the only time the fingers will come down (with the thumbs splayed out to the side rather than aimed back like a bird's would be) and add extra traction is in a full-out sprint. The fingers themselves are considerably heavier and clumsier than a human hand of the same size would be, and besides that and having armored scales, they're also supporting some rather impressive talons - imagine an ordinary cat's claw, only as long as your hand and forearm put together.
The different clans of dragons also tend to differ, here - Stone dragons, for instance, have relatively dexterous feet on all four limbs, with small but -extremely- sharp claws and digits nearly as slender as a human's. They tend to attack in a slash-and-feint pattern, and their claws are pure weapons, sharp along their entire interior curve. Rather like wolves, say, at least behaviorally. At a full run they can take strides nearly as long, proportionally, as a cheetah's.
Fanged dragons are well-named - their teeth are heavy and fixed, like a mammal's, and they've probably got the most powerful set of jaws ever seen on the face of the earth. Certainly the best out of any living creature. Their toes are thick and powerful, and their claws heavy but relatively blunt. Their attack strategy often runs along the lines of *pounce* *grab* *CHOMP* *shakeshake*. They can't run as fast as a Stone dragon, but they've got a lot more endurance, and, despite being powerful flyers, are probably the weakest out of the three 'natural' types in that area. Just too much mass.
Plumed dragons' limbs are more specialized - their forelegs are fairly slender and their feet oriented for fine manipulation, while the hindparts are generally longer and stronger. They're not quite bipedal, but they can pretend to be with considerably more ease than, say, a bear. Their primary offensive tools are the rear feet - these are even more powerful than a Stone's, and feature massive stabbing talons much like an eagle's. They're the only clan that actually hunts primarily from the air - Stones will find a good lookout spot and wait for whatever happens by, then try and get a single attack in from the air before settling to the ground to finish the business, and Fanged dragons are so massive that that flying business often isn't worth the bother.
Soaring is different, of course, but -none- of the dragons have the kind of vision that hunting that way needs.
Quote:
Studio Stagger? Since it grew out of the Drunkard's Walk board, here (Alternately, we could go with my ususal, Bewilderbeast Studios)
Studio Stagger works, or we could have it, "Bewilderbeast Studios in association with Martian Mariner Productions presents..."
Or, would that be a movie style attribution?
Quote:
On Kennan's jacket - unless you've already got the Union coat to an advanced stage
What, in the pic? No, he's in his school uniform. And I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about the relative merits of the two uniform designs - I've always though that gray was just kind of blah, no matter how you dress it up.
Besides, what really sells the Union version for me is the way the bright buttons contrast against the darker background - just seems to add a certain something. The optional gold piping might or might not work - we'd need to talk about it - since it seems kind of overdone on the General's coat they've got shown. It might look better in the Captain's or Lieutenant's version, I'm not sure.
Ja, -n
(Oh, and, I finished the pic. Now for the scanner...)
ETA: And -away-! Drogn, check your email. ^_^
===========

I think we have a lot more to work out (like, oh, where to get a few million dollars to pay an animation house...) before really worrying about what group name to use - but I kind of like Studio Stagger myself, or something like it. Ooh, how about Studio Hebereke? Isn't that idiomatic Japanese for "falling down drunk?"
Dracobio - as usual, it all sounds good, and thinking about my own last post about Antlers having, essentially, optimised themselves for tool-using civilization, then the advanced dragon civilizatio they were part of having fallen and the currrent somewhat haphazard structure arising also makes sense when tied in with previous musings on dragon society, which had Antlers revered as arbitrators and keepers of dragon lore - they'd be the ones who, by neccessity, clung to some fragments of learning, being no longer equipped to live by tooth and claw like their primitive Beast Dragon ancestors.
As for the coats, the dark grey Confederate is about the same brightness as the Union blue judging by those images, I thought. Use the Union one if you like, I just found the Confederate version more interesting with the colored cuffs and collars. In either case, I think a Captain's braid is sufficient.
- CD
Wait, which email? I can't get at worldconquer.org, haven't been able to since my lappie died a month or two ago. merrynh over yonder at adelphia.net works, though.
That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--
Quote:
I think we have a lot more to work out (like, oh, where to get a few million dollars to pay an animation house...) before really worrying about what group name to use - but I kind of like Studio Stagger myself, or something like it. Ooh, how about Studio Hebereke? Isn't that idiomatic Japanese for "falling down drunk?"
LOL. Okay, Hebereke it is.
Quote:
Dracobio - as usual, it all sounds good, and thinking about my own last post about Antlers having, essentially, optimised themselves for tool-using civilization, then the advanced dragon civilizatio they were part of having fallen and the current somewhat haphazard structure arising also makes sense when tied in with previous musings on dragon society, which had Antlers revered as arbitrators and keepers of dragon lore - they'd be the ones who, by neccessity, clung to some fragments of learning, being no longer equipped to live by tooth and claw like their primitive Beast Dragon ancestors.
Snakes, as a rule, swim quite well. Given their physical structure and apparent magical capabilities, I do think that auxiliary gills or improvements in their ability to hold their breath would be fairly easy to do in the period shortly after the fall (and would be all that would be needed to make them competent enough swimmers to compete with purely aquatic predators) - certainly much easier that holding on to the the various complicated bits that they're using now.
I guess that part of my objection to the idea of universal magical flight is something that I've been assuming and should probably have mentioned before now: Neither magic nor ki can actually violate the laws of thermodynamics, although they may sometimes -appear- to do so.
Holding youself up by magic alone seems... inefficient. Swimming is -much- less work.
Quote:
Wait, which email? I can't get at worldconquer.org, haven't been able to since my lappie died a month or two ago. merrynh over yonder at adelphia.net works, though.
Well, it's whichever one follows from the 'mail' link on your BGD page... ^_^ I think it was the adelphia one.
Ja, -n
===========

HoagieOfDoom

Quote:
Okay, Hebereke it is.
Waitaminute. Isn't hebereke the name of the school Kodachi goes to in Ranma 1/2? St. Hebereke School for Girls, or some such?*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Yep. And yes, that's what Hebereke means.
Which is why some fanfics call it "St Bacchus'".--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
And some official translations, too. I think the Viz manga called it that, at least to start with.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
At least for me, since Drogn seems to be busy at the moment...
[Image: castpic2.jpg]
Ja, -n
===========

o/~ Did I ever tell you you're my heeeee-rooo... o/~
Sweeeeeet! I take it the text off the the side is the title? Tsuchi's skirt does look a little flat... but I'm not sure how I'd try doing it any different, myself. And Maeve is teh hawt.
I did tweak the image just a tad bit for better contrast - pencil doesn't scan all that well, usually. Visible here.
RE magic - My standing assumption for magic is that the power source is either some form of divinity, for the preistly types, or total conversion of very small amounts of mass to energy... in either case, the limits of power being how much the caster can channel, not how much is available to call on. The magical pearl of flight is just pulling a bit of (IIRC) the RL myhology to be the doubletalk for why Antlers have antigravity flight. They still move with a swimming motion through the air, and probably do have some amphibious traits too, as you suggested.
What I meant by Antlers being the ones to hold onto the last scraps of civilization during the post-apoc dark age was retaining written history and mass literacy, by which to preserve the basics of the magical tradtion, even if the greatest techniquies of the Golden Age were lost.
Heh, this also gives a sequel-series or side story option of a return to the dragon homeworld to go tomb raiding for lost magitech.

- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--

HoagieOfDoom

Me like very much! *gives two-thumbs, way up**********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Maeve's fighting style.... to spoof the fen, we should give her badly translated Irish names for her sword moves, like "Eula Dubh something" for Black Swan Strike. Maybe even steal some of Robert Jordan's list...
Maeve's casual style... She's probably got the figure and attitude to wear a potato sack and make it seem the height of fashion, so it might be interesting for her to wear designer "grubbies." In fact, she may even be more of a fashion plate than any of the other characters, wearing multiple outfits per episode. With that distinctive hairdo, it might be possible.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote:
Maeve's fighting style.... to spoof the fen, we should give her badly translated Irish names for her sword moves, like "Eula Dubh something"
Wouldn't any move with "Eula" in the name require her to sign an agreement with the move's creator limiting her ability to share the move with other swordsmen, and limiting their liability in the event that she loses a battle while using the move?

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
DROGN:
Quote:
Sweeeeeet! I take it the text off the the side is the title? Tsuchi's skirt does look a little flat... but I'm not sure how I'd try doing it any different, myself. And Maeve is teh hawt.
Damn straight! And yes, those are the correct kanji, although the second half of 'kanshin' is sort of hidden behind Maeve's arm and I don't doubt that my calligraphy bites badly.
Quote:
I did tweak the image just a tad bit for better contrast - pencil doesn't scan all that well, usually. Visible here.
Ah. Yeah, it didn't work out quite so well as I'd hoped - next time I'll probably just do the outlines, then ink them and leave anything further open to those with a better touch with graphics programs than I have.
*snip Antler history and magical power source, which work well enough*
Quote:
Heh, this also gives a sequel-series or side story option of a return to the dragon homeworld to go tomb raiding for lost magitech.
Ooh. That would actually mix well with something I'd been musing on - it might be possible, -just-, to hide an entire other civilization with hundreds of thousands of people from the public eye for decades, even centuries.
A ten-story -BLUE- dude with three heads and eight arms trashing a town large enough to have its own local news channel (well, it would be if it were in the States - I don't think that the Japanese broadcast system works quite the same way) is a -whole- different order of conspiracy.
I see a dozen TV and print reporters flat-out -drafting- Miyou as the public face of the new magical revolution, while in the background Tsuchi is yelling into her cell phone and trying to reassure her boyfriend that, yes, she's okay, no, she's not lying, yes, it's really over, no, there's nothing more to worry about, she's -fine-, really, just -fine-, her ribs are feeling better already and oh, -please- don't start crying again!
^_^

FOXBOY:
Quote:
Maeve's fighting style.... to spoof the fen, we should give her badly translated Irish names for her sword moves, like "Eula Dubh something" for Black Swan Strike. Maybe even steal some of Robert Jordan's list...
Hmm. Well, I hadn't actually seen her as doing anything special enough with her sword to qualify for named moves - fencing club aside, she's primarily a spellcaster type, with raw ferocity as a backup when that fails. I'm not sure whether -those-'d be in Irish or Sanskrit, though. Hmm.
On the other hand, since I'm thinking she's actually eighty-something - easily the oldest in the core cast, not that that matters much with how long they can expect to live - when she was a little girl and first learning to fight, there were still European countries seriously training people to kill with swords... and then there's her parents and arms-tutors... Hm. She might know more than I'd thought, since I was just dismissing the fencing thing.
Serious killing swords didn't vary very much in weight, surprisingly - even the biggest zweihanders were almost always less than ten pounds - and having handled one or two of both, I can attest that they had -jack- in common with the tinfoil toys used in the modern sport.
Quote:
Maeve's casual style... She's probably got the figure and attitude to wear a potato sack and make it seem the height of fashion, so it might be interesting for her to wear designer "grubbies." In fact, she may even be more of a fashion plate than any of the other characters, wearing multiple outfits per episode. With that distinctive hairdo, it might be possible.
Almost certainly, since she's got at least three distinct 'personas' she puts on, and at least one of them has the making of a clothes-horse of the first orde. Lessee, there's General!Maeve, Sensei!Maeve, Brat!Maeve, and Goofoff!Maeve... miss any?
The last one dresses like Misato, if you're wondering.
Ja, -n
===========

Somehow, I see Maeve's minions giving the Miko tactics fits.
I strongly doubt the common Japanese kid's gonna know about the Cold Iron and turning your clothes inside-out to beat the Fair Folk.... or even the special ones like the crew here.
Kimiko gazed in horror at the twisted little gaijin before her. His odd hat was a disturbingly deep shade of red and seemed to be glistening wetly. His feral grin widened as he looked at her.
"Get down!" a strong voice commanded. Kimiko fell to her knees as something white flew by her.
An ofuda? she wondered, and gasped as the talisman struck the gaijin's face and began to glow.
She began to relax, until the horrid man reached up and crumpled the strip of paper. Sure that her end was upon her, she fainted as the man leapt at her.

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Well, I sat down and started trying to sketch out how the Burn Down Kick should look before I decided on a viewing angle for the final pic.
Problem is, it's so complicated a motion (in the sense of having a number of different things going on in different directions at exactly the same time) that I think I'm either going to need several days working on just this stage or a little doll to pose to get it right.
It's fairly simple to describe, though - start with a foot sweep then bring that leg and around and up behind and back -over- and down to arrive -right- as gravity introduces your victim to the ground -anyway-. But there's both arms to think about, too, and the entire body rotates along with the leg and what's the -other- leg doing this whole time, anyway? Presumably at least one arm is bracing against the ground and the 'off' leg is somewhere close to the axis of rotation, but...
*sighs, then glares at his paper* Bleh.
Ja, -n
===========

(clears his throat, then calls out in a strident voice)
YOOOOO JOE!
If you can find one of the 6" Kinnikuman figs from a year or two back, they're even better as a pose model. Several of the Spiderman action figuees ave been excessively jointed, too, to cope with the flexibility he demonstrates in the comics.
As for the other limbs in this specific pose - the other leg at east should be sarting extended and then get tucked up close to the body, to increase rotational speed as momentum is conserved - this also puts it in position to be used to recover at the end of the move instead of falling on her butt, or to fend off with a stomp motion if the opponent tries to dodge inside the heel strike zone to take advantage of how it takes them out of her line of sight for a moment.
- CD
Edit: Found my Kinnikuman, now looking for camera and a similar sized 'opponent' since I only ever got one.
ETA2: edit3: deleted sucky picsThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--
Quote:
Edit: Found my Kinnikuman, now looking for camera and a similar sized 'opponent' since I only ever got one.
*has no clue what he's talking about*
*googles*
Huh. Y'know, I do believe that this may be the most -useful- mecha-design resource I've ever seen. Hmm.
*zones out*
ETA: Erm, nope. That's not it at all, sorry... *runs off to fiddle with MSPaint* Gah. I -hate- trying to draw with a mouse. Anyway, a very ugly attempt at the right sort of image can be seen here.
Ja, -n
===========

HoagieOfDoom

*Looks at images*
I'm having flashbacks to Spaceballs now. *Evil grin**********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
You knw what? Those pics suck in general. Here's some better ones.
1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1471
- CD
N: that Photobucket link doesn't seem to be working...
E2: fine now, and I see what you mean. Yeah, that is kind of a tough on to pick an angle for, innit?That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--
Quote:
E2: fine now, and I see what you mean. Yeah, that is kind of a tough on to pick an angle for, innit?
It's not so much the angle that bothers me for that - I'm figuring something looking at Tsuchi from just behind and to one side of Mr. Victim's head - as much as 1.) getting her -pose- right, because while I've got a decent idea how it works, 'decent' isn't good enough to draw, and 2.) getting the bloody -perspective- right.
Ja, -n
(hopefulhopeful)
===========

Why? Because it took me until now to notice the similarities between Keiu and Alpha Shade's flyers (mostly featured starting on page 54 or so).
Obviously, there are some notable differences - the Keiu's extra limbs and different head and tail, not to mention the colors, but otherwise...
Ja, -n
===========

Just two different extrapolations on pteranodon-ish lizard-birds, as far as I can tell. It's not like there isn't a case for prior art of giant bird/dragons, after all...
And may I just thank you for pointing out that webcomic? The art is super, and I'd never even heard of it before.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--
No one ever needs to thank me for plugging Alpha Shade, for it iz Da Bomb.
And, hey hey hey, look, I think I just found the perfect real song for an opening. It's a J-pop tune name of 'Falco', lyrics here, mp3 available courtesy of the generous, talented, and beautiful Askerian. (For whose fics, BTW, I want to take this moment to plug.)
Doesn't quite fit the version we have already, but the tone is perfect and the lyrics, while not quite the theme I had in mind, are more than apt.
Ja, -n
===========

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6